Losing close friends?

Everything I wrote was kind of a mess, I didn't really articulate what I was trying to say but I'll leave it there anyway down below in the quoted area, all I want to know is:

How does one gain their friend's respect? I think I've earned the respect of some people, my new friends that I have made, but what about my old ones? How about regaining respect or the respect of an ex?

That really stinks, sorry to hear about the uncertainty with your friends. It sounds like you nailed it at the start of your post, though -- that you need to reassess what is important to you and what you stand for. You want to know that your friends still care for you, which is natural, but it sounds to me that that is part of your difficulty right now. You care a little bit too much about what they think about you and about your actions. It sounds like a good time to focus on yourself. If you miss them, you might let them know that you are not AWOL anymore and see what happens. Just be ready to not get a response, and to know that all that you can do is be the best person you can and move forward. You will have other opportunities to make the right decisions. Everyone makes mistakes, but it takes a special person to forgive.

Archived