Anorexia?

Hello,

I am Allie, and im fifteen years old. I have always had a plan for my life, and i recently decided i was going to work towards a cheerleading scholorship to Oklahoma State. I have been cheerleading for 8 years now, and i love it.

But i started to realize, im not skinny enough.

I havent eaten in 2 months, except for the occasional cracker and water.

I dont know what to do. I think im anorexic.

I need help!

Your aren't anorexic yet if your asking yourself... Don't worry about what people think & to be a cheerleader you don't have to be skinny don't know why people put that image on them. Go eat yourself a cheeseburger! You will die if you don't eat anything but crackers & water. Don't be stupid. If u wanna be a cheerleader how in the heck u gonna have the energy to cheer if your only eating crackers and water??!! Think girl don't be stupid

I you are anorexic then you probably can't think clearly about whether you are skinny or not as anorexia stops people being able to properly judge how thin they are. Anorexia tends to make people see themselves as fatter or bigger than they are. I mean literally see (in that your mind isn't thinking clearly due to obsession and anxiety and imagination). Anorexic people need help from others to see things more objectively.

I see one of your interests is cooking. Sometimes anorexics take great interest in food and cooking even if they don't eat enough.

You can't survive on water and crackers. You'll get sick sooner or later doing that.

You need to share your worries with people you know who you can trust, or seek advice from your doctor or a suitable helping agency. Can you discuss it with your parents?

Your aren't anorexic yet if your asking yourself...

I don't agree. What do you base that on? What you're implying is that anyone who is anorexic and has become aware of the fact can no longer be anorexic. That is completely untrue. People can be anorexic and be aware of it and still battle with it.

Hi Allie. I really think you may be anorexic. Is the way that you look at yourself different from what other people are seeing you as?

Whenever im with people or standing in the mirror, i always feel self-conscious. I feel larger than i actually am. I am 126 lbs, but i see myself at 200 lbs and obese. I dont understand why.

All of my friends tell me that im skinny, but i dont see that at all. I dont like talking to them about it because i feel like they'll say anything to make me happy.

I you are anorexic then you probably can't think clearly about whether you are skinny or not as anorexia stops people being able to properly judge how thin they are. Anorexia tends to make people see themselves as fatter or bigger than they are. I mean literally see (in that your mind isn't thinking clearly due to obsession and anxiety and imagination). Anorexic people need help from others to see things more objectively.

I see one of your interests is cooking. Sometimes anorexics take great interest in food and cooking even if they don't eat enough.

You can't survive on water and crackers. You'll get sick sooner or later doing that.

You need to share your worries with people you know who you can trust, or seek advice from your doctor or a suitable helping agency. Can you discuss it with your parents?

I do love cooking. I feel like i seek to cooking because my parents wont notice that im anorexic if i cook.

I have been sick a lot lately. But im to scared to be "obese", then to care about being sick.

and i cant discuss this with my parents because they dont know, and i dont want them to worry.

I have the mind set of an anorexic though, i know that for sure.

Well, if you know you have the mindset of an anorexic as in like seeing yourself different from what others see you as and you feel like each time you eat something you feel like it makes you bigger, then you may be anorexic. Has anyone close to you seen a physical change in you?

Well, if you know you have the mindset of an anorexic as in like seeing yourself different from what others see you as and you feel like each time you eat something you feel like it makes you bigger, then you may be anorexic. Has anyone close to you seen a physical change in you?

Yes. I was 149 lbs almost two and a half months ago. I've lost over 15 lbs.

My friends noticed a lil.

I still think you have some type of problem and it's best to get some help for it regardless if your friends only have seen a little change in your weight. The way you are handling how you are eating is very unhealthy.

As far as discussing it with your parents, you can't really get around it. The truth will come out sooner or later. Especially if you do decide to get help. You need for them to worry about you because they love you and they really care about your well-being. They may be the only people who would want to help you at the end of the day.

girlfriend, you are horrifically killing yourself in slow fashion. I know deep down, that you already know and understand that reality.

I will gladly help you with your "obese" insecurities, and of course everything else, so long as you are willing to work with me.

girlfriend, you are horrifically killing yourself in slow fashion. I know deep down, that you already know and understand that reality.

I will gladly help you with your "obese" insecurities, and of course everything else, so long as you are willing to work with me.

i will work with you, but i still want to stay at a normal weight range so that i can be a flyer at OSU in two years.

I have to keep in shape.

one question: doesnt cheerleading require concentration, muscle, and physical stamina?

how will you get those if you're only eating crackers?

it'd be a shame if you can lose weight on this VERY DANGEROUS diet you've placed yourself on BUT can't perform to the best of your ability bc you have no strength.

You'll have to ask yourself this question: what's more important? being skinnier or being physically fit to be a good cheerleader? i hope it's the latter and that you consult a doctor about your health before your eating disorder spirals out of control.

i will work with you, but i still want to stay at a normal weight range so that i can be a flyer at OSU in two years.

I have to keep in shape.

I am here to help you get in shape, but you must supply current and desired numbers What is normal range? Are you any where near normal weight range per OSU flyer requirements? I need current and desired specs to be accurate.

Have you talked to your parents about this? They've probably noticed that you're not eating, and are worried about you.

Anorexia causes bone degeneration, which is something I'm sure you don't want. You won't be able to cheerlead if your bones aren't healthy. I'd start eating again, and stop worrying about your weight.

Have you talked to your parents about this? They've probably noticed that you're not eating, and are worried about you.

Anorexia causes bone degeneration, which is something I'm sure you don't want. You won't be able to cheerlead if your bones aren't healthy. I'd start eating again, and stop worrying about your weight.

The answer is no. She has convinced herself that she is doing the right thing remaining anorexic. I do not know her personally. I have no power. I hope someone who knows her will read this and take action.

"Anorexia is an eating disorder where people starve themselves. Anorexia usually begins in young people around the onset of puberty. Individuals suffering from anorexia have extreme weight loss. Weight loss is usually 15% below the person's normal body weight. People suffering from anorexia are very skinny but are convinced that they are overweight. Weight loss is obtained by many ways. Some of the common techniques used are excessive exercise, intake of laxatives and not eating."

link removed

one question: doesnt cheerleading require concentration, muscle, and physical stamina?

how will you get those if you're only eating crackers?

it'd be a shame if you can lose weight on this VERY DANGEROUS diet you've placed yourself on BUT can't perform to the best of your ability bc you have no strength.

You'll have to ask yourself this question: what's more important? being skinnier or being physically fit to be a good cheerleader? i hope it's the latter and that you consult a doctor about your health before your eating disorder spirals out of control.

I second this. You're sabotaging your goals. What good is thin when it means losing your ability to stand up without passing out? No scholarships for the sick cheerleader who can't cheer.

If health isn't motivating enough to seek help, try vanity. When your hair, skin, nails and teeth turn skanky what good will thin do for your appearance?

Let me tell you the story of my cousin. She has been anorexic for about 25 years. She has had 3 heart attacks and almost died. At her lowest weight she was 62 pounds. She is now 80 pounds and she is NEVER any bigger. She is dying every day of her life. PLease tell your parents and go to your family dr.

First of all, good for you for seeking help. Anorexia is incredibly damaging, and it's good to see you reaching out within the first 2 months. As catfeeder said, your hair, skin, teeth and nails will start to show signs of malnutrition. Your heart will become strained, as Victoria has said. In advanced stages of anorexia, people can die of heart failure. You're messing with your metabolism and possibly PERMANENTLY damaging it. As everyone is saying, you need to be in good health to do something like cheerleading. You're not taking a good path to your dreams. Instead of starving yourself to be skinny so you can cheerlead, maybe a dietician and/or nutritionist can help you to your best, most healthy and beautiful body.

There's only so much help you can get on a forum. Please go see a professional who can offer you more than "eat a cheesburger" and "stop worrying about your weight." If you've already been starving yourself for 2 months and see yourself as obese, it's going to take some work to get yourself back to a healthy mindset.

Tell your parents, they need to know and they can help.

Whenever im with people or standing in the mirror, i always feel self-conscious. I feel larger than i actually am. I am 126 lbs, but i see myself at 200 lbs and obese. I dont understand why.

All of my friends tell me that im skinny, but i dont see that at all. I dont like talking to them about it because i feel like they'll say anything to make me happy.

Sorry Allie, didn't mean to confuse you. I was responding to treeclimb's response, not telling you what I thought of your post

Archived