She's already taken. We're just good friends--nothing will ever happen. (More back-story in one of my other threads if interested...)

Even though I should probably try to limit my contact, I met her this Thursday. Earlier this week I had suggested that we should get lunch, so she said she might give me a call this weekend.

So I sat home all afternoon, moping around just waiting and hoping. But of course no call. She won't call tomorrow either and yet I'll end up doing the same thing because there's still that tiny chance she will. Right? I should be doing homework, but I just can't get myself to get started.

It doesn't seem like this should be so hard. We were never in a relationship. Nothing will ever happen and yet I can't move on. It almost feels like part of me doesn't want to move on. Yesterday was particularly hard.

It feels like I keep getting myself in deeper. And yet I always end up texting her because it just hurts not being able to talk to her.

Even though I should probably try to limit my contact, I met her this Thursday. Earlier this week I had suggested that we should get lunch, so she said she might give me a call this weekend.

Well she did say that she might call you which wasn't a guarantee. Why can't you talk to her? If the reason is in the other posts that you wrote, I'll make an effort to read them.

I'm sorry about how you're feeling by the way.

Thanks for the reply.

In the other thread, one poster suggested that NC is perhaps the best way to move on and heal. However, I have always been reluctant to the idea, because it sounds too drastic and would seemingly put an end to the friendship. Another poster suggested I just limit the contact. That's probably the wisest course of action, but even that is difficult.

Do you mean talk to her about how I feel? It seems like everyone I've talked to so far says I should just keep it to myself since she's already in a relationship.

Do you mean talk to her about how I feel? It seems like everyone I've talked to so far says I should just keep it to myself since she's already in a relationship.

I didn't really mean it in that way. I just wanted to know why you couldn't really talk to her.

I do agree with the other posters in that it's best that you keep your feelings about her to yourself. For starters, it will complicate her relationship with you, especially if she's not feeling the same way you feel. It will also complicate things with her well being because of the fact that two guys really like her and if it did come down to the fact that she had to pick between you and her boyfriend, she may hurt you even worse than how you're feeling now if she picked her boyfriend over you.

I really know how you feel and it's hard to do but it's for the best. I really don't want you to get hurt even more than what you are now. Cherish the friendship that you two have if you give it the chance.

You may have hope in the future or you may not. Only time will tell in all of this.

Oh. Well, she has finals coming up this week, so she's probably busy studying. I don't want to bug her if she is. I shouldn't be so disappointed--it was just a 'maybe' after all.

I really do enjoy the friendship. I'm not sure if it's because I'm so infatuated with her, but I already confide in her with career and life decisions. Sometimes I'm irked because she doesn't respond to some email or text and it makes me feel like she doesn't care. But on the other hand, she's always so interested and caring when we do talk. I'm probably just overanalysing...

I'm sure it will be much better once I can move on. It just feels like I should have done so already, since it's going on several months.

Thanks so much for chatting with me. It's made me feel a little better tonight.

Oh. Well, she has finals coming up this week, so she's probably busy studying. I don't want to bug her if she is. I shouldn't be so disappointed--it was just a 'maybe' after all.

I really do enjoy the friendship. I'm not sure if it's because I'm so infatuated with her, but I already confide in her with career and life decisions. Sometimes I'm irked because she doesn't respond to some email or text and it makes me feel like she doesn't care. But on the other hand, she's always so interested and caring when we do talk. I'm probably just overanalysing...

I'm sure it will be much better once I can move on. It just feels like I should have done so already, since it's going on several months.

Thanks so much for chatting with me. It's made me feel a little better tonight.

I'm glad I could help you. I wish you best of luck.

Archived