Oh my god, this can't be happening :(

intel17

My girlfriend of 2.5 years left me today and told me there was no chance of us getting back together.

We were best friends, we went through everything together, from first kisses, first "I love you's" and first time making love. She told me that her feeling that our love wasn't the same started a few weeks ago and today she left me -- for good.

I want to die. I have seriously considered suicide and think I might go through with it. Please, help me

To be honest sounds as if she was perhaps bored, by the comment things didn’t feel the same, it’s as if she was expecting more of how it all began, the “honeymoon” feeling maybe started to fade and she maybe just wants to try her other options instead of being in the same relationship. Not everyone believes that the first is the one they will want to be with forever, I remember in my first relationship is mom would tell him that he should be trying to meet other people instead of just staying with me…basically told him to break up with me and try out all his other options before settling down with one person… if you couldn’t guess it, he took her up on that offer and we split. Her explanation may have simply been boredom…or the wonder of what she may have been missing out on.

Don’t do anything rash because things didn’t work out, it happens… Seek help, from friends, family, professionals, but never consider ending your life over a person who breaks your heart. Cheer up, try and tell us more at your own pace so we can see more into what may have been happening. Good luck!

Agreed. Take a breath...or several...and try to calm down. I know it must seem like your world's falling apart around you, but the situation might be salvageable. People often say, and do, a lot of things they don't mean. And "resolved" feelings can change.

If you give us some more info./ background, we might be able to help shed some light on the situation.

To be honest with you, there must have been signs of this happening. People's feelings don't just change over a few weeks for a 2.5 yr relationship. I know it's extremely difficult because you don't have any answers for why things happen. I'm sure you're asking why me? Why am I not good enough? I can only speculate as to what happened. Sometimes, people's feelings do change over time. Some people just get bored and stop loving the person before like they used to. She could have met someone new. All both you and I can do is speculate as to why this happened. I'm really sorry this has happened to you. And it sucks and its going to hurt. Right now, be upset. Curl up in a ball and be upset, its perfect normal. If there's any contact between you and her, ask her what has come between you two. Please don't talk to her though otherwise. It won't help anything. You need to take your time and take deep breaths and grieve.

Nothing ever stays the same. Too many people make that mistake of leaving things for the other patch of greener grass. It's that honeymoon feeling people are after; always expecting things newer are better. In a short story, it's a failure to accept reality. Don't ever date anyone like that if you can help it.

Intel17, I know how difficult this is for you and how heartwrenching it can be. The pain you are feeling right now will dissipate with time. NO ONE is worth ending your life over! Right now everything you are going through is very fresh to you. Please relax, do something to help yourself. Talk to family or friends about your situation. You will be okay, hold your head up high.

No fight, nothing. Just told me that over the past few weeks she has "felt" differently about me. Then she broke up with me She says there is absolutely zero chance that we will get back together.

Because i have been in this situation before (being the girls point), and i realized that i wanted him back after only a month of being broken up.

Don't kill yourself because of one relationship, you will have so many opportunities. and she may even realize what a mistake she made.

Archived