I HATE being the center of attention.

Sorry, don't know where to put this. But As far as I can remember, I have NEVER liked attention being on me. I did horribly in speech class because my speeches were too short, because of nervousness. And the thought of getting marred makes me super nervous simply because I don't want people looking at me. Even the weddings ive been bridesmaids in, I had a hard time because the walking down the aisle part always intimidated me. Even at graduation, I couldn't stop laughing and felt horribly stupid. How do you get over this anxiety of being watched? Some people LOVE being the center of attention, me? It's one of my worst anxieties.

Some peole are painfully self-conscious until they realize they aren't really the only one on stage. At your wedding, folks will be looking at your mother, the ring bearer, the wall, each other...

I think the phrase is...

You wouldn't care so much what other people thought if you realized how little they did.

In all honesty though - if you have the guts for it (which I think you do) - you should grab the bull by the horns. Join a group/club that works on public speaking skills. Here we have something called Toastmasters I think? People get together and talk about random stuff. You are given a topic and a few minutes to talk about it in front of people and that's it.

Archived