End of 10 month No Contact

browns20

Hello friends,

I have posted on other forums on this site and have received great replies. The other nite, I woke up and saw that I had a text from my ex-girlfriend. The text had nothing to do about "us" as a couple (past). It read "My former roommate's dad passed away, just keep their family in your prayers." I replied that I would do so. Now I really didn't hang out with her former roommate and her roommate screwed her over on rent which caused an eviction. I was wondering why my ex-girlfriend who told me "Nice knowing you" 10 months ago decided to send a text to which was kinda immaterial. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Hmm, that is strange. My first thought is that she is just using this incident as an excuse to contact you. Especially if you didn't really know her roommate.

If you have healed I would just continue moving forward.

It could be that she sent that text message out to multiple people in her phone and thought to include you.

or maybe the death caused her to think of her loneliness and what she wants in life and caused her to think about you.

the thing with her roommate. Her roommate never hung out with us and ex's core of friends and kinda kept her life to herself. Not so sure if she sent a mass text...but..who knows. Thanks for the replies...keep em coming.

That's really strange. Before I got my new phone I still had my ex's number in it and whenever I sent out a mass text I would always be sure to avoid sending it to him AT ALL COSTS. We've been broken up since June and talked 3 or 4 times between then and now, complete NC for 5 months now.

It sounds like she might be testing the waters, but I'd ignore it.

I don't have my ex's number in my new phone... but it doesn't help because I have his number memorized.

I'm right there with you browns'. I've gotten some suspect reaches myself. I've been NC for about 4 months and in that time I've gotten:

- 2 butt-dials (within 5 min of each other)

- 2 Facebook Friend Request REMINDERS - these can be sent by the person, but it might've been sent automatically, so the jury's out. But one was on my b-day.

- Several "Blocked" call hang-ups, which I've never gotten so frequently any other time.

So, what have I done about all these types of reaches? Absolutely nothing. Why? Cos, if they were on accident or she really had no hand in them, then I'd only end up hurting myself further. But, if they were on purpose, then the act of being subversive about it tells me all I need to know about her mind-set. She will have to do more than that to get me to respond. Otherwise, we move on with our lives, right?

Don't put too much stock in it, but if she did it on purpose, then it's likely she will reach again after a month or so. No way of knowing, but mine have never been further apart than a month.

I want my girl to reach, but with that comes the potential to fall back deep into the rabbit hole. So it's a catch 22.

I hate those games but here we go....

ok...I agree with Ms Darcy...txt her back and ask what 's up...and see what happens...if she replies back then you go from there but dont show too much interest. Let her come along first.You dont wanna have too much expectations then get disappointed. First let her show what is her intentions, if she is willing to make it work again, its up to you to go for it.

Hope I could help

Archived