so so sad

rusad

Our beautiful daughter willbe giving birth to her child any day!!! the problem is that she is with a manipulating dictater. who has brainwashed her... she is not allowed to talk or see us. and neither is her 5 year old who loved us until he also manipulated her too ..last time she saw me ,,, her face was as if she saw a ghost.. she kept starring at the floor.. it felt as if you take my heart out of my body and stomped on it... i have been crying evryday for the last week..the new baby's due date is today!!!!

:sad:

I am so sorry for your pain. Such a rift in a family is absolutely tragic.

Could you and your daughter seek therapy, together, perhaps? She and her partner might be amenable to a relatively mild first step to patching things up if the focus was presented as solely on the relationship between you and your daughter. Regardless of other issues that may be complicating factors, at the moment, this might still be a worthwhile place to start in and of itself - and any other issues can always be brought in and addressed later, when, say, the stress of a pregnancy, delivery and brand-new baby had died down, a bit.

Good luck to you, and congratulations on a new grandbaby. I wish all of you the best.

I have asked our daughter to go to therapy. She agreed... He said no way!!!!! You need to understand he is a manipulater and a dictator... ( while she was giving birth to her 1st child he was sitting and reading a magazine..i was holding her hand, helping her breath and focus..at one point the nurse comes in... Realizing that my daughter is in pain.. Offers her an epedural.. My daughter was about to say yes.when he roared loudly no!!!! The nurse then told him it was her decission since it is her body.. He gave my daughter and the nurse a nasty eye bulging look and said i said no!!! And that was it.. She did not get it...

Oh, Rusad, how very frustrating and frightening for you! I am sorry.

How did she come to be with such a domineering partner?

Is there any third party that might intervene that he would find more tolerable? A friend of his, or family member, or religious figure, anything?

Archived