I don't understand the new Unemployment Benefits bill.

I don't know if I qualify. Does anyone know who qualifies for this? I have searched and searched looking for information. I have held on the phone to ask questions but no one answers. I even tried to find a office in my area but there isn't one. I will have to drive like an hour away with barely any gas! Gahh I think I might just have to move back home but that even takes money. So confused right now.

Im sorry Coco, I don't know anything on the new unemployment bill; but I totally feel for you on not being able to get any information. When I lost my job and tried to get unemployment, I tried for over a week to get ahold of someone and ultimately never did.

Good Luck

I understood nothing about unemployment either when I was trying for it. And there is no office in my area either... You try to call them and it's an easy 45 minutes on hold, then they act so annoyed that you're calling them.

It's frustrating. I can't clear up your confusion, but I at least feel your pain.

If you are on unemployment and run out of state benefits, you can usually get an extension through the fed. The extensions are called like "Emergency Unemployment Compensation" or other extended benefits. If you were going to apply for those benefits, you would have been SOL after March 1st. Now with the extension you can apply for them for the next month and receive any benefits you would have received between the beginning of March and the time you applied.

Archived