How to fight a TRO for Harassment

I am so lost and upset. I was served with a TRO for harassment from my ex due to run in at that we had in a bar one night. It turned into an argument.

I can not afford an attorney right. I talked to one and he said that the restraining order if it becomes permanet will also affect my son. I will not be able to take him anywhere my ex may be and if he shows up we have to leave.

I would have to leave a school sporting event with my son, a lake, a park, a little league game, a park, even watching fireworks at a park if the ex is present. This is not his son so why would he care. The only thing in this letter/statement attached is that is to help him move on to future relationships. If he was picking up a girl in a bar or things like that. The ex is worrind about his next piece of ass and that is it..........

I don't know what to do.

I don't we have been fine staying away from each other he usually goes to one establishment in town and I usually go to the other. We live in a town of under 1,000 people. So we have 3 places to go out. Well happens he came there and we had a verbal agreement before we will just keep to the avoidance since it seems to be working good.

Well then that happened and now this. We have a court date next Friday for the premanent injunction.

I guess per an attorney since I got to speak with one and ask a few questions. Said that the state we live in WI will give a TRO to every request. After our bar confrintation it was back and forth with phone calls. Until finally I turned my phone off.

I don't want this, I could turn him in on lets just say cheating the system but you don't see me doing that. I am upset and though about it now but that will be something I regret later.

This is such a joke already.

I don't want this, I could turn him in on lets just say cheating the system but you don't see me doing that. I am upset and though about it now but that will be something I regret later.

This is such a joke already.

Seems like pain, not a joke. You seem full of hate for him and fantasizing revenge. Stay away from him before "back and forth" makes this even worse.

Anger will tie you to him. Let go.

I thas been a mess, it took me 2 months from the break up for me to get my stuff out of the house. Should I say for him to put it outside for me. He was not sure how he wanted to handle that. I am stressed.

I really am not plotting anything. If I wanted to do that I should have did that a long time ago. We live in a small town. I don't even believe he can prove without a reasonable doubt that all this happened. My phone records don't match up from what he has on his statement.

This is more his revenge I mean my birhtday is next weekend and I have a party planned at the establishment that I have been frequenting the most the last few months since the split. He goes to the other place and always has. Problem is this goes through and I bet any money he shows up where my party is and I have to leave.

I don't mean to imply you're plotting anything at all.

You seem to be eaten up by stress and a war of wills.

If you're having a party and he appears, you've done nothing wrong. The restraining order is to prevent you from crowding him. If he wants to crowd you it's his problem, not yours.

Your conduct, however, must have been pretty bad if they issued a TRO. I'd just stay away from your ex.

I agree with the above, whatever happened it must have been bad enough for him to take the action he did. No-one takes out a TRO for no reason (imo).

Best thing to do is stay away and NO CONTACT whatsoever, not even a simple text. Nothing.

He is stating in this statement that emials between us have been to get back together. I have printed all those out and none of them suggest that.

The emails are in regards to heim letting me get my stuff out of his house. Recent STD that was found in a PAP test and to notify him of that. Nothing states getting back together. Also about money that is owed for past bills.

The list of phone calls he says I made to him do not match up the records from the cell carrier. Also he does not mention in their the call he makes to me which I have his incoming calls to me listed on my phone statement.

Also it does not mention the calls that he picks up and we spend an hour on the phone. It seems as if he doe snot mention any of those as they have to deal with paying him back some money owed and bills and those seem to be welcomed. This really has to do with people in town getting under my skin by telling what he is doing with who and I don't ask. I changed my number so no one could get ahold of me after that. I am done when I put down the phone I said this is enough. They like to see me flip because I was not from this town before and they call stick up for each other. So they like to push and get me to flip so that I will leave town and no one else can make me but him.

My son is in school here and that is not happening right now. Also it states that he can not move onto another relationship as I won't let him. I don't care anymore people won't let go that yeah I omitted the miscarriage and we got pregnant again and had an abortion. I am not my mental health from all of this is not good. I just don't need the stress of this.

As for crowding I was told if he shows up where I am I have to leave. To fight that I would have to prove he knew I was there and showed up and that he does not frequent that place ever. Soo either way I am screwed there.

Archived