Does this qualify as self-injury?

xShannyx

I'm sort of curious since whenever someone mentions it it's always about cutting or burning theirselves with cigarettes or something along these lines. Would hitting or pinching oneself also count as self injuring? Not until the point where you have a bruise or you're bloody but just hard enough that it hurts..sounds stupid but I'm just wondering..

Yes.

Self-injury is not all about cutting. Self-injury includes compulsive skin picking, hair pulling, burning, stabbing, self poisoning, alcohol abuse, wrist-banging, breaking one's bones, self-embedding of objects and forms of self-harm related to anorexia and bulimia. Some even go as far as performing autocastration, self-enucleation, and even self-amputation.

If you are hurting yourself, you need to see a professional.

Yes.

Self-injury is not all about cutting. Self-injury includes compulsive skin picking, hair pulling, burning, stabbing, self poisoning, alcohol abuse, wrist-banging, breaking one's bones, self-embedding of objects and forms of self-harm related to anorexia and bulimia. Some even go as far as performing autocastration, self-enucleation, and even self-amputation.

If you are hurting yourself, you need to see a professional.

ok thanks : ) And no I'm not hurting myself and I haven't for a while..don't think I will start doing it anytime soon

I've done that before, it does sound stupid, but I do things like that when I get really angry. It takes alot for me to get to that point, but still, when it happens, I don't know what i'm capable of doing, kinda scary. But ya, it's definitely self injury.

Archived