puppy's tail turning white

greywolf

Oh goodness I can only hope you adopted it..

This is normal, considering this has happened to many people before. It can happen around the mouth and nose too. Also, strangely enough, diet can SEVERELY effect fur color [and not to mention health..] so you should also look up the type of food you feed it. [blue hopefully? Everything is true about their food.]

It could be genetics or the 'spread' where eventually starting from the edge of their body turning white.

It could also be imbalance in diet, hormones or other health issues.

What kind of dog food do you feed her? Has she had any previous health issues?

I guess your vet would be the only one that will able to tell you exactly what the cause would be but one thing you can always check about the quality of your dog food is to read the first four to five ingredients of the food. Granted, this may have nothing to do with her tail turning white or maybe she may be allergic or causing some form of reaction in her body. Anything is possible.

If the first four to five ingredients is actual meal product and not 'by-product' or corn meal/grains (fillers) it's usually considered a quality and much better for the dog. Otherwise corn especially could lead to indigestion and gas problems and could cause allergic reaction.

No previous health issues. She gets fed Eukanuba for puppies. It's the only one she likes (even when we mix it she'll pick out the eukanuba), and the vet said it was a good brand.

O.O okay, not to sound like some "against all commercial products" robo cop, but do you know what's actually in Eukanuba?! It's terrible! No wonder your dogs fur is turning white. I hope you research this!

what do the parents look like? just saying, i've heard of some puppies growing up and their coloring changes a bit. it could be completely fine.

my dog (that i used to dogsit) loved Merrick food. he loved their treats and their wet and dry food.

O.O okay, not to sound like some "against all commercial products" robo cop, but do you know what's actually in Eukanuba?! It's terrible! No wonder your dogs fur is turning white. I hope you research this!

I did some research and did not find any reputable sites on the subject. At this point I am more inclined to believe the vet than some people online with no credentials (I don't mean you. Just the few sites I found about it).

what do the parents look like? just saying, i've heard of some puppies growing up and their coloring changes a bit. it could be completely fine.

my dog (that i used to dogsit) loved Merrick food. he loved their treats and their wet and dry food.

I've never seen the parents. It was my sister who adopted her after the mother died. She was born with a patch of white fur accross her chest, but my sister said all the other puppies were pure brown (they all died, unfortunately =/)

Archived