Yesterday she was just Rachel...

secretlover

Yesterday, some friends and I went out to the pub. Now to cut a three year story short, Rachel had a relationship with a guy called Steven a couple of years ago, they split up and now they have a casual FWB relationship and are also best friends.

Rachel is like a really good friend and so is Steven whom I only know through Rachel. But anyway, turns out Rachel still loves Steven. So we're at the pub and Rachel started crying. I took her outside to get some air and she told me she was upset that Steven had been ignoring her all evening.

She is there crying her eyes out on my shoulder and now is the moment when I think "I really like this girl." Never before had I thought about her in that way. Anyway, this went on for half of the night before they finally spoke and Rachel screamed at Steven "I need to know if you love me!!"

He doesn't.

I've got Rachel chatting to Steve after I left them to speak alone. Having spent all night putting out forest fires, I went and stood on my own and cried. All alone. This girl, who is like my best friend is crying her eyes out about another guy.

I was so upset. I had never thought about her like that before and now she is all I can think about. She even told me this morning that she came to me because she knows I'm not gonna try anything - that I'm one of the few guys she knows she can trust.

And I hate feeling this way about her. The knot in the stomach everytime I think about her. Urgh.

Maybe your're feeling this way toward Rachel because she really opened up to you in a way that some friends don't generally do. I do agree with sidehop in waiting for her to get over her ex. It may be a matter of time before something starts to happen between the two of you. You'll never know.

Archived