Guys-Insulted if I Bring Facewash/Chapstick?

WomanWriter

Update: I tried the shower together approach. It worked. He thought the face scrub felt good and I told him I thought he should keep it up to remove his blackheads (made kind of a joke), then I said "You better use it mister!" He laughed. We went shopping together the next day and as we were in the hygiene isle, I asked his opinion on what scent he liked on me, etc. and I offered to buy him a few things for buying me dinner. I got him a few hygiene products which he thought were cool. So I was basically honest yet matter of factual and not insulting about it. It was nice to see him cleaned up...at least the hygiene. I cut his hair, he liked it, and all is good. We had a good weekend, very open conversation (in fact, he is becoming more analytical than I am...he says it's so cool to discuss stuff this openly that he wants to do it all the time..lol). Anyway, thanks guys.

• 2 weeks later...

It completely depends on how you go about it.

I pluck my boyfriends eyebrows. I simply explain to him that my girliness just can't let him pass. I'm the girl, I'm SUPPOSED to be all about the latest products and spa days.

Of course that is complete BS. But, as long as I show him that this is just me sharing my girlie side and it's not about him lacking anything, it's a better way to approach it.

I introduced my boyfriend to exfoliating scrub. He loved it. I don't think that many guys dabble in things like that out of social norms. I just "introduced' him to a new option.

Well call me out on this, but I honestly don't see the problem in showering every other day. That's what I do, and granted I follow it adamantly, whats the problem? When you shower every day your washing away the natural oils from your hair causing your hair to become weak and thin. On top of that, if your anything like me, you don't begin to stink from missing a day's shower. I could be wrong though. If so, please correct me.

Well call me out on this, but I honestly don't see the problem in showering every other day. That's what I do, and granted I follow it adamantly, whats the problem? When you shower every day your washing away the natural oils from your hair causing your hair to become weak and thin. On top of that, if your anything like me, you don't begin to stink from missing a day's shower. I could be wrong though. If so, please correct me.

If you're going to be cuddling with someone, I think it's best to shower every day or close to it.

It really depends on your skin type and how much oil you produce. My boyfriend and I have to shower everyday. Every once in a while I'll just tie my hair back, wash my face, and skip a shower. But, if I'm going to be hanging on my boyfriend, I shower.

If you're going to be cuddling with someone, I think it's best to shower every day or close to it.

It really depends on your skin type and how much oil you produce. My boyfriend and I have to shower everyday. Every once in a while I'll just tie my hair back, wash my face, and skip a shower. But, if I'm going to be hanging on my boyfriend, I shower.

Oh absolutely, as a rule I shower before I ever meet up with my girlfriend. The point I was trying to make was: for general hygiene, I don't see the problem in showering every other day. Granted, I do have a low amount of oil production in my skin.

i think that if you have a problem with his hygenie you should just bite the bullet and talk to him about it. If he sees you hinting around to it, not only will it become an irritant when he realizes, but he will feel henpecked and "controlled". Just tell him what the problem is, and if he sees your point of view and its an open convo maybe down the line you can suggest something.

Why the hell is he only bathing every other day. Lets start there.

Archived