Help with Choosing University

Ok, so I am trying to transfer to a University during the summer so I can start out at the fall season. Here is what my question is. My GPA is a little bit low. I want to head toward CA area around Los Angles. Now, I know getting into UCLA or USC is a bit hard to get into so i'm not looking into those 2 school's. But does anyone have any idea as far as University wise what is the best University to get into especially when you have a low GPA average? If so can anyone send me links to the University's out there so I can check it out.

Thanks

I've decided either Med School Or Dental school. But sense I didnt take my basics I want to resume this in a University instead of community college. And I'm planning on getting finacial aid I"m not paying out of pocket. Thats why I asked what is a ok school around there with my GPA being low.

Yeah definitely UCLA is famous for dental dept.

I'm sorry I can't really give you insightful info since my major was art

If you want to study in California CSU schools are a lot easier to get in.

All the UC schools tend to require higher GPA/SAT as far as I know.

I've decided either Med School Or Dental school. But sense I didnt take my basics I want to resume this in a University instead of community college. And I'm planning on getting finacial aid I"m not paying out of pocket. Thats why I asked what is a ok school around there with my GPA being low.

well, you have to finish your undergraduate degree before you can even apply to medical or dental school. which means you need to get your GPA way way up to even have a shot at getting in.

I would still shoot for UCLA.

there are many many schools near LA. i think a simple web search should help you find them. occidental is another one that comes to me off the top of my head. UC-irvine as well. Cal State - Los Angeles.

Annie24 makes a good point, about your needing to finish undergrad before you apply to medical school. It's perfectly fine to start scoping out potential med. schools in Calif. that you might want to attend, but your current focus should be to get into a solid university for your undergrad. degree.

I found a site that lists 20 colleges/universities in southern Calif. I can't vouch for how easy, or difficult, it might be to get into these schools with a lower GPA, but this list is a good starting point for you to explore admission requirements.

Here's the link: link removed

As Annie24 said, once you get into an undergrad program, THEN start worrying about getting into med. school. While you work on your bachelors degree, your main goal should be to raise your GPA so you can be a solid applicant when it comes time to apply for med. school in a year or two.

Archived