Help please!

stevy

My ex says she cares for me and loves me but doesn't know to what extent she loves me..she says getting back with me is a kind of burden for her now (i think she has got used to being single, we've been broken up for more than 2 months but have been in contact) and she is not sure if she will get back or not (she is extremely religious and says its Gods will).

What should I do? I already told her that we should give it some time to see how it goes and that we shouldn't contact each other for at least a month. Is it the right move?

My motto is to never, ever, ever settle for a friendship with someone that you want something more with. You will only hurt yourself by doing so. It may sound cruel to reject an offer of friendship from your well meaning ex but hey, they rejected your offer of a relationship. Not quite a * * * for a tat BUT it is nearly impossible to move on when you are still in contact as you will continue to be emotionally attached. All attachments to the ex need to be severed.

I like to liken ex lovers as festering, infected limbs. Though you don't want to lose them, it's sometime best just to cut them off and get on with life...

Friendships are fine AFTER you have moved on, generally after you have found someone new and are happier than you have ever been.

Hey Stevy, I think Uncomfy is right on track here. Since she instigated the breakup...I would definitely make her do the contacting....and I'm not sure I would respond right away...(if at all)...how long did you two date? What were the issues that caused the breakup? Stay strong....

how long did you two date? What were the issues that caused the breakup?

Well we were together for a little more than 1 and a half years..during the last few months of our relationship she was diagnosed with a form of depression and after tha her feelings for me kinda decreased and she wanted a break..so she broke up with me..

Archived