My Mom.. (Again..)

My Mom just doesn't care to talk to me anymore. In the morning she doesn't greet me or care if I had a good night or not. When she comes home she ignores me and goes about her business. She's on her laptop all night. She doesn't ask me how my day was or if I'm feeling alright. She doesn't care about my latest test grade or even what I do after school. If I walk into her room just to ask the most SIMPLE question such as "Do you have a pill for _____?" or "How was your day?" she never fails to have a terrible attitude and tell me to go away or to yell at me saying that she doesn't have it or that her day was "fine, fine, fine!!!" But she never has a problem when my 7 year brother literally runs in there yelling something. She'll kindly invite him into her bed and talk to him and ask how his day was, every detail down to what he ate for lunch. If I try to join in the conversation, she rudely shushes me and tells me to go away or to go clean something. I've been literally trying for years to win her over the way my brother has. I would get into how much she favors him, but that's almost a whole other topic. It's not jealousy, because even my sister and cousin see it too without me mentioning anything about it. At this point I'm really going to give up on my Mom and learn not to depend on her company or time. I've always been an independent person anyway, so what's one less person in my life...

Is she really a lost cause? Btw, I have tried talking to her about it and the message doesn't get through AT ALL. I just need to know how I can become less dependent on her company. Thanks all for listening, it means a lot...

I can only imagine how it feels to be rejected by your parent. Its really a good thing that you are an independent person. I agree with arcadefire, it might have absolutely nothing to do with you but her own demons.

What is her response when you point this out?

I can only imagine how it feels to be rejected by your parent. Its really a good thing that you are an independent person. I agree with arcadefire, it might have absolutely nothing to do with you but her own demons.

What is her response when you point this out?

She goes off in a tangent about how I'm being exaggerated or dramatic, and about how none of what I'm saying is true and the whole time she'll keep talking over me and not let me get ONE word out.

Archived