I know this is not my decision and not under my control but I cant help but let it make me mad,

My boyfriend graduated from college with his degree almost a year ago (this past May). Right when he graduated, he applied for a few jobs but then gave up on the search and was satisfied with waiting tables. However, on the regular I had to hear him complain about how he wants a "real" job, blah blah. Of course, I want him to get a real job too. I feel like the restaurant business is a bad influence on him and doesnt really give him much of any responsibility.

So the other night I was browsing the internet and found this posting for a sales rep at a alcohol distributing company. I sent him the link and told him about it and his response was "I dont have time, ill look at it later". Yet, him not having time meant he was gonna go to the gym, meet his buddies for lunch, etc.

Then tonight I was browsing again and saw a marketing management position for 4 restaurants and thought he would be a good candidate for it. I sent him the link and told him about it and hes like yea I should apply. I said yes you should and probably soon since there are probably a lot of people applying for it. But instead of going home and doing it, he decides to stay out with his friends again to drink for the 3rd night in a row.

Can we have a little bit of drive and responsibilty please?!?!?

He must not dislike his current job all that much if he's not jumping at the chance to get a "real" job. It is nice that you are trying to help him out, but I would let him find a new job on his own when he's ready. He's obviously not motivated to change jobs yet and you are just left feeling frustrated and probably unappreciated.

Communication is always good. Have you asked him if he's serious about getting a better job?

He must not dislike his current job all that much if he's not jumping at the chance to get a "real" job. It is nice that you are trying to help him out, but I would let him find a new job on his own when he's ready. He's obviously not motivated to change jobs yet and you are just left feeling frustrated and probably unappreciated.

Communication is always good. Have you asked him if he's serious about getting a better job?

Yes, and he says he is. He just doesnt do anything about it. Im sure he doesnt dislike his other job. I dont dislike my current job. But i know that when I graduate this december Im going to put forth 150% effort to find a job where I dont have to live day by day, figuring what my tips will go towards each night.

Archived