He's moving 3000 miles away :(

forever1130

Me and my ex broke up about a year ago and over that course of time we became really close again, so much so that most of the time it still feels like we are dating. However, I just found out today that he might be moving to new jersey because he has a job offer out there. Since were not officially together I know he doesn't owe me anything and I have no right to make him feel guilty about leaving since its his life and he has every right to what he wants. But every time i think about him moving I just start to cry. I'm usually a very strong person so this just feel so out of character for me.

Should I tell him how much it's bothering me or just be happy for him and realize that things will probably never be the same between us.

You guys obviously broke up for a reason, and even though you have been spending a lot of time together, the relationship has not been reignited, which suggests that that is not the best route to take. Of course, you are very close to him and it will be a huge transition not having him nearby, but you need to communicate with him to make it easier. Cooping up your feelings is never good, so maybe you should speak to him about it and discuss how you are both going to manage the change.

Thanks Springs! I get what you're saying and I totally agree. I'm also a little mad about how I found out about this.. He posted a status on Facebook saying he's "thinking about making a huge change in his life." He didn't even have the decency to tell me, I had to text him and ask him what he was talking about. Maybe this is for the better, maybe this is just the thing that needs to happen for me to get completely over him since I obviously haven't done a very good job of that so far.

You sound like you have your head screwed on Some people find it easier to remain friends with their exes, and this can totally work, but if either of you have some trace of feelings, it just gets complicated and usually ends in tears. So having a clean break from him could be a good thing like you say

Archived