Complete NC from dumper

I broke up with my boyfriend of about a year and a half at the end of January. The relationship was making me miserable, and I felt like he had unresolved issues with his ex-girlfriend. I also got the sense that he played emotional mind games with me due to his insecurity and inability to be upfront about his feelings.

I had broken up with him twice before during the relationship due to these issues. During one of the break-ups we went about a month and a half with no contact, and during that time he went back to his ex before calling me and begging me to take him back. I did, but later found out he had been dating his ex the nearly the whole time we were apart, as well as sleeping with two or three other girls that were friends of his. I had slept with someone else too, so I couldn't get mad about that, but I was upset he wasn't honest and upfront about the situation and lied to me when I initially asked. I was also rather disgusted by the way he treated his ex. She was still madly in love with him, and he basically used her for sex while we were broken up. She was heartbroken and started following him around again, ad showing up where we would be and crying. It ended up leading to us having a nasty fight and me breaking up with him again.

I said some horrible things to him during the fight, so I later called and apologized. He did not take the whole situation well, so we talked and texted for about a week afterward because I felt bad and was worried about him. After that I stopped responding to his calls and/or texts because I was moving on and did not want to stay in contact.

He is still texting me periodically-about once a week. They are just friendly texts that ask how I am doing, or include information about his life. I have not responded at all and am feeling really guilty. I never told him I was going to cut him off, I just did it. Knowing how strange he is with his previous ex, I don't want to be a part of his odd obsession with the past. Am I being rude? I want to just continue to ignore him, but do I owe him an explanation?

I don't think you owe him and explaination but at the very least. Respond back once telling him that while you realize he wants to keep in contact that you however do not. Ask him to respect this and tell him you will no longer be responding.

This way, you get it out there and if he continues there's really nothing for you to feel guilty about. You hardly even owe him the "Hey I don't want to talk" text. He's a big boy, he I'm sure already figured that part out.....But it sounds like you feel you should do it.

dont feel guilty...this man is as selfish as they get and you are well rid

its men like these who give genuine guys who have genuine platonic friendships with females a bad rap. sounds like he is only friends with women he finds attractive enough to sleep with...nah nah NAH...

and yes i feel for you, AND his ex, to play you both like that AND sleep with friends all in the same space of time...this guy is toxic and sooner you NC without ANY explaination the better

i love the way you had compassion for his ex, in hard times like this its all too easy to diss others instead of the real culprit...so hats off to ya for that!

Archived