Was This a Bad Move On My Part???....

stevemc

Long story short: she dumped me mid-December, I begged, I pleaded, I finally told her not to contact me, I contacted her a month later, we met for coffee, and she had a lot of anger towards me. (I was basically neglectful in our relationship; never cheated or abused her, just didn't put in enough effort).

Told her there were some things I wanted to tell her, she said "what are you engaged? You have AIDS or something?" Really extreme thinking considering we only split a month and a half prior.I laughed and said no, I just wanted to tell her that I realize happiness is only real when it is shared. She asked if I was dating, I told her I didn't want to discuss that right there, she responded "that speaks volumes about how you felt about our relationship." I cracked an admitted I wasn't dating. After a couple of email exchanges later (just read my older posts if you'd like to read more)...

I get an anonymous phone call from her at 8pm on Valentines Day. I pickup, I cant hear anyone on the other line, I say hello, hello, hello, but being 99% sure that it was her calling me, I act like I am with someone and say "I don't really know, someone called me but it doesn't seem like anyones on the line."

I finally hang up, and felt good at the moment that at least I got her suspicion level up, even though the truth was I was driving by myself at the time.

Do you guys think that me doing this did more damage than good at a chance of future reconciliation? She has been recounting our relationship in a rather negative light since the breakup, and I really don't want to hurt my prospects for the future. and before anyone asks, yes I would bet my life that it was indeed her anonymously calling me.

There hasn't been any contact since that night.

I really would not read too much into that one. It was kind of a weird thing to do, but if it was her I doubt it affected her one way or another. Plus, it might not have been her.

So, are you interested in getting back together with her at this point?

It doesn't seem like you are, to me anyway.

So, are you interested in getting back together with her at this point?

It doesn't seem like you are, to me anyway.

Trust me, I am...However, it has been 2.5 months, and at some point the healing process needs to begin for me...I've spent probably 200 hours since the breakup on relationship advice sites just like this one, spilling my whole story, asking for any advice I can get, etc.

I have found that since I have stopped coming to sites like these regularly, stopped spying on her facebook, etc., I have become happier.

I think a site like this is best to come to immediately after a breakup looking for guidance, or when there is some visible indication where things may be improving between you and your ex. Coming here constantly while your ex gives you no indication of a possible reconciliation just prolongs the suffering in my opinion.

Archived