Double Lung Transplant

Seraphim

I found out today that a second cousin of mine had a double lung transplant last week. He has a genetic enzyme disorder. It exists in one branch of our family but not mine thank heavens. This good news for him as his quality of life is already better. His disease is fatal but at least he will be able to spend some of it with a better quality of life.

Wow, glad to know he's doing better. I don't think I've heard of anyone getting such transplant. Best wishes to him.

Yeah he is still in the hospital obviously. He has had about 6 blood transfusions in that time because of bleeding but he is in the step down unit.But he walked YAY!! He has not been able to in a long time.

Victoria-what an awful experience this must have been for him. I wish him all the luck and a speedy recovery to spend his last days with his family.

Has he planned his last wish? I think that its so good to be able to see or do something youve always wanted to do. I know right before my grandmother passed her only wish was to have all her kids and grandkids in the same room.

My prayers are with you and your family.

Victoria-what an awful experience this must have been for him. I wish him all the luck and a speedy recovery to spend his last days with his family.

Has he planned his last wish? I think that its so good to be able to see or do something youve always wanted to do. I know right before my grandmother passed her only wish was to have all her kids and grandkids in the same room.

My prayers are with you and your family.

Awww thank you. He wants to see his son grow up. His son was taken from him as a little boy by his ex wife and she disapeared and remarried. They told him his father was dead. When he was 15 his father found him and told him he wanted to see him etc......the son blew up at his mother and left go go live with his dad who was dying at this point and has not talked to his mother since. He just wants time with his son. This might give him some more years since he was getting close to death this past year.

Archived