Would it be lame to ask a guy out?

CoCo2009

I went out with this guy last Friday and I was thinking of asking him if he wanted to go see Alice in Wonderland in 3D last time we talked was by text on Sunday. Would it seem desperate if I asked him or should I just wait because he hasn't contacted me? Just thought I would get some advice from you guys. Thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Coco, I really wish the best for you but you so need a break from men!! You're so emotionally fragile and lost, dates are poison to you right now. Please please spend some time with friends or family or just with yourself.

I'm not going to get hooked up I was just going to get out of the house. I dont think I'm gonna ask him.

nevermind you guys, I just read that playing hard to get thread and its obvious he isn't interested because its already Wednesday and he hasn't ask me out again. I guess it didnt go so well after all. lol

Since you haven't contacted him and asked him out for a date maybe he thought it was you who was not intrested. But as usual it's ALWAYS the guy who has to initiate EVERYTHING and do all the work, no surprise here.

Since you haven't contacted him and asked him out for a date maybe he thought it was you who was not intrested. But as usual it's ALWAYS the guy who has to initiate EVERYTHING and do all the work, no surprise here.

What are you talking about? lol I initiated contact on Sunday I just didn't ask him out.

Coco, just ask the guy out. A movie is not like asking him to marry you. I don't see the harm in you taking the initiative.

Given your recent history, I do think it would be beneficial for you to go out of the house, meet people, make friends - have some fun!!!

Sitting alone at home was not really good for you at all and only tempted you to get dragged in to the whole drama of your ex!

Please just build up your self esteem again by interacting with more people.

I agree with Pen.

I mean, just be prepared that he might not go. I have a ridiculous theory that goes like this:

- If the guy haven't asked me out after x days anyways, what do I have to lose? Nada. Just go ahead and it might be your only chance.

- When a guy is attentive and seems very into me, that's when I'm much more cautious.

When it seems like a lost cause, I just totally do whatever I want since I feel like I have ZERO to lose anyways.

I agree with Pen.

I mean, just be prepared that he might not go. I have a ridiculous theory that goes like this:

- If the guy haven't asked me out after x days anyways, what do I have to lose? Nada. Just go ahead and it might be your only chance.

- When a guy is attentive and seems very into me, that's when I'm much more cautious.

When it seems like a lost cause, I just totally do whatever I want since I feel like I have ZERO to lose anyways.

Thats so funny because sometimes I think like that too! Haha

Coco, just ask the guy out. A movie is not like asking him to marry you. I don't see the harm in you taking the initiative.

Given your recent history, I do think it would be beneficial for you to go out of the house, meet people, make friends - have some fun!!!

Sitting alone at home was not really good for you at all and only tempted you to get dragged in to the whole drama of your ex!

Please just build up your self esteem again by interacting with more people.

I agree, I just need to find women to hang out with it seems. I signed up to link removed....I haven't done anything with it yet though. Hopefully when I start working I can meet some nice people.

I agree, I just need to find women to hang out with it seems. I signed up to link removed....I haven't done anything with it yet though. Hopefully when I start working I can meet some nice people.

points to consider:

- who cares about embarrassment if he says no

- if you ask him out and he is not interested, then you lost nothing

- if you don't ask him out and he is interested, then you lose potential

ask him out . . .

Exactly. It is only embarrassing if you choose to be embarrassed. If he says no, his loss, and you are right back where you are now, but at least you didn't sit around another day wondering, "what if?" That latter question, would be the worst thing of all!

Archived