My living with my mom bothers him

Jetta

He's mentioned moving in together but the fact is I'm not sure I want to do that. I have it pretty nice at home with my mom, and being that I'm in school I don't have a lot of expendable income. She buffers me when I get low, and I only have this semester plus a year left my bachelor degree.

I worry about moving out and something happening like we break up, I doubt she'd let me back and then what would I do I have a daughter to consider as well. I also think it bugs him that we don't get a lot of alone time. KWIM? He currently has a roommate.

On top of that we've known each other for about 2 months. I moved in with my ex-husband after about 6 months of dating, which later turned out to be a mistake I'd rather not repeat. As much as I'd like to be financially independent, it's the reason I'm in college, I'm not financially independent yet.

I love him and would like to make him happy but at the same time I've got needs myself. Instead of avoiding the subject what do I say to him when he brings it up again?

Really need advice on this one.

Wow, I had missed that you got back together with this guy..

Please do not move in with this guy. And again, I have to echo my previous sentiments that you should consider that going further in this relationship. There are a number of red flags that have popped up with him. It's not your job to figure out his living situation - he's what, 35, 40 years old? He's a big boy.

Why not tell him the truth?

That 2 months is too early to move in together with him and that you need to focus on finishing your degree, and that your mother is being very supportive (emotionally and financially) to you and your daughter. Once you've finished your degree in a year's time, got yourself sorted, and assuming you're both together reassess the possibility of living together.

Don't let him pressure you.

Why not tell him the truth?

That 2 months is too early to move in together with him and that you need to focus on finishing your degree, and that your mother is being very supportive (emotionally and financially) to you and your daughter. Once you've finished your degree in a year's time, got yourself sorted, and assuming you're both together reassess the possibility of living together.

Don't let him pressure you.

That's what I'll say. Thanks. I after writing I took some time to think about it and how you've stated it is my sentiments exactly.

Archived