Has any dumpee's out there ever contacted their ex...

... after some months or a year apart??!

Just to re-establish contact with them because you have healed from the relationship, reflected back and realised you had lost a very special person in your life (as a friend or more etc) and want to see if they would like to meet up sometime??!

Just very curious..... thanks! xx

I have often wondered if I would be able to speak to my ex one day when enough time has passed and im in a stronger place and ive forgiven her for her indescretions. Im not sure why i would want to have someone in my life who treated me so cruely but I guess that might be tied into her being my first love.

I have often wondered if I would be able to speak to my ex one day when enough time has passed and im in a stronger place and ive forgiven her for her indescretions. Im not sure why i would want to have someone in my life who treated me so cruely but I guess that might be tied into her being my first love.

Once you are in a stronger place you will not feel the need to reach out to someone who treated you badly.

Once you are in a stronger place you will not feel the need to reach out to someone who treated you badly.

Exactly. I have never had the desire to contact an ex I had healed from. I didn't hate them, I just was indifferent about them.

Well me and my ex both made dumb mistakes, but neither of us were truly cruel or treated the other without respect. I e-mailed her a week ago, and she was rather nice and kind, but then I screwed it up lol. But that is besides the point, point is that we are trying to maintain a friendly atmosphere, and yeah, what you said is possible. But the thing is you need to see if the person is worth your time or not. I have had an ex that I simply do not have the wish to see or contact ever again, because she was a complete waste of a human body and soul.

I contacted my ex on his birthday, after 9months it was a kind if mutial break up. he contacted me a month later, n we got back together...

This is a very possitive outcome so were you the dumpee? Are you guys still together now and how did you feel when you first met up with your ex after a long time apart??

Well me and my ex both made dumb mistakes' date=' but neither of us were truly cruel or treated the other without respect. I e-mailed her a week ago, and she was rather nice and kind, but then I screwed it up lol. But that is besides the point, point is that we are trying to maintain a friendly atmosphere, and yeah, what you said is possible. But the thing is you need to see if the person is worth your time or not. I have had an ex that I simply do not have the wish to see or contact ever again, because she was a complete waste of a human body and soul.[/quote']

Actually my ex is totally worth the time.... I screwed up, I did not appreciate, value or respect him and the relationship when we were together but am glad we've had a long time apart! I've been able to reflect back, mature more and realise somethings are worth the risk in life! I don't want to regret never taking the risk for the one thing I truly want and if nothing comes from it, at least I did try and in the same sense I'm still okay to keep going forward! And if I get a happy response, then it's a bonus!

This is a very possitive outcome so were you the dumpee? Are you guys still together now and how did you feel when you first met up with your ex after a long time apart??

I ended the relationship, he enforced it, we're still together now, although its only been about 3 months though. . I was very nervous, we both said a lot of mean things during the breakup, but we've both matured alot. and are still very much in love. =]

I disagree.

At one point in your lives you were together and you really cared about that person. Things didn't work out, someone might have gotten the short straw, but that doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't want to ever communicate again. Given they didn't something completely unforgivable, there is no sense to hold a grudge or be bitter. She isn't saying be best friends with them, but if you cared or still care there's no problem catching up.

The point you should reach in my opinion is where you're contacting them because you want to talk to them - not want anything from them or to get them back.

I haven't done it, but more than likely I will down the line. I am fine with contact now, but she hasn't contacted me so I take that as a sign she doesn't want to talk. Plus, if I did do it now she'd probably take it wrong and assume I wanted something. The truth is though is that I just miss her and would like to catch up.

I ended the relationship, he enforced it, we're still together now, although its only been about 3 months though. . I was very nervous, we both said a lot of mean things during the breakup, but we've both matured alot. and are still very much in love. =]

Its nice to read something like this, hope I get to post something similar soon!

After about 2 years, something really tragic happened in her life that I heard about, so I contacted her to tell her I was very sorry for her loss. She said thanks and it means a lot. Then we had another 2-3 years of NC... not even exactly sure how long, and she approached me one evening to initiate contact and we stayed in touch ever since then and are now very good friends. I was the dumper and it was a very BAD breakup.

... after some months or a year apart??!

Just to re-establish contact with them because you have healed from the relationship, reflected back and realised you had lost a very special person in your life (as a friend or more etc) and want to see if they would like to meet up sometime??!

Just very curious..... thanks! xx

My ex from a long time ago (I left, making him the dumpee) contacted me after about almost a year apart because he said he didn't want to squander our friendship. It took a little bit for me to finally respond to his email (about 2 weeks), but we still talk every now and again on the phone. No rekindling, but he's a close friend that I cherish. I haven't physically seen him in almost 3 years though.

Archived