Consulting a psychic regarding career path?

I am so anxious, clueless and desperate about my future that I am thinking of consulting a psychic to find a career path, lol. I don't know what path is right for me.

Is this a good idea? Has anybody consulted a psychic regarding their careers before?

Psychics are complete crocks. Don't waste your money or time on something so fallacious.

Have you gone to university yet for a BA/BS?

I looked at your previous thread and you said you want to do something that helps others. Have you considered volunteering? Of course this won't provide money, but maybe you can try out different places (e.g. hospital, shelter, soup kitchen) and see if any of that interests you.

I am doing a BA in psychology, graduating soon in fact. I thought about doing social work but I am introverted. It seems that every job I'm considering requires you to be outgoing. I am only outgoing when I'm partying, LOL.

I feel like I have so little career options. I even thought about entering the adult industry..lol don't judge.

I am considering seeing a psychic because I saw one before who said things that came true, as creepy as it sounds.

Hehehe! Dont you think the adult industry would require you to be even more outgoing than other career. Perhaps you see it as partying and therefore can easily pull out your outgoing persona.

Ok, on a serious note, there is a lot you can do with psychology try and find a career that will suit your personality. If that proves impossible, adjust your personality a bit (we all do sometimes), they call it versatility and its a good charecteristic to have.

All the best!

About seeing a psychic, you can go ahead and do it even if its just for fun. However, make sure you do not discard your intuition and common sense in favour of what the psychic says. I agree there are good ones out there. The best are the ones that start by telling you about what is already happening in your life currently, that way you can gauge their accuracy.

Have fun!

Hehehe! Dont you think the adult industry would require you to be even more outgoing than other career. Perhaps you see it as partying and therefore can easily pull out your outgoing persona.

Ok, on a serious note, there is a lot you can do with psychology try and find a career that will suit your personality. If that proves impossible, adjust your personality a bit (we all do sometimes), they call it versatility and its a good charecteristic to have.

All the best!

In informal and partying situations I am naturally outgoing; it comes naturally to me. Whereas in work situations I feel like I have to fake it.

On top of it, I am very unmotivated and not career-oriented. I just like to have fun, shop, and hang out with boys How am I going to make money for myself!

I hope to get some clarity from a psychic.

With every career I'm considering, I come up with something I might potentially not like about it/why I can't do it. Eg:

Event planning - need to be an extrovert. Can be stressful and tiring

Social Work - need to be an extrovert. Can be emotionally draining

International development worker (helping in aftermath of disasters, etc) - unrealistic...for a prissy city girl

Art Conservator - need to get a Masters degree. Me? Masters?..I am not academically-inclined enough.

Optician - Hmm, maybe

Legal Secretary- Hmm, maybe

Make-up Artist - way too competitive. Need to freelance, sell yourself etc. Eff that ish, lol.

Photographer - same as above

In informal and partying situations I am naturally outgoing; it comes naturally to me. Whereas in work situations I feel like I have to fake it.

On top of it, I am very unmotivated and not career-oriented. I just like to have fun, shop, and hang out with boys How am I going to make money for myself!

I hope to get some clarity from a psychic.

Its a good thing that you know yourself and acknowledge what makes you tick. How about researching possible careers in relevant industries. How about the entertainment industry. I assume you're still young and this urge to go shopping and hanging out with boys will fade as other priorities in your life take over.

Not judging you, but tell me you're not serious about joining the adult world? If you are, then I would suggest that you research it too and you may discover that its not as glamorous as it seems. Be carefull of what seems easy money, it often is not.

Remember, you're not always going to be young and therefore the adult world will not always be welcoming to you, that is if you make it to adulthood of course, with all the possible risks that are involved.

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that your dilemmas could have a lot to do with self esteem (lack thereof). I suggest that you see someone prefessional and get to the bottom of why you choose to throw away your education and go for something that most consider a risky and degrading career.

I'm on your side!

With every career I'm considering, I come up with something I might potentially not like about it/why I can't do it. Eg:

International development worker (helping in aftermath of disasters, etc) - unrealistic...for a prissy city girl

Art Conservator - need to get a Masters degree. Me? Masters?..I am not academically-inclined enough.

Optician - Hmm, maybe

Make-up Artist - way too competitive. Need to freelance, sell yourself etc. Eff that ish, lol.

Candykisses, I understand the need to pursue what you really like but even waht you really like often has some aspects of it that you do not like and you need to develop skills to deal with those aspects.

I am a lawyer with and MBA, however, I figured I loved fashion and writing, so I have decided to be an entreprenuer and do what I really like. However, I have not thrown away my experience and qualifications, they come in handy everyday. I have absolutely no regrets.

Sometimes you need to do things you dont necessaarily like to develop the skills you need to do what you like. Life is not all about fun and comfort.

Optician - Hmm, maybe

Candy, I've always been rather introverted as well, but I've slowly become more extroverted. I'm not entirely sure how this transition came about, maybe it's because of college and new friends. Could you try little volunteer opportunities that would help push you in that direction? If you're getting a degree in psychology and you want to help others, it seems like it might be worth the effort--I know how hard it is!--to push yourself a bit in that department!

Hey! I have been considering the arts and entertainment industry. In fact I found an Arts and Entertainment Management post-BA program that I'm really interested in..I am seriously considering going for that.

As for the adult industry...yes, I was actually serious about it at one point. Yes I knew that there are risks involved. Can't say I'm still considering it now, but at one point when I was desperate enough for ways to make money, I have considered it.

What you are saying is true.. I guess I just needed to hear it from someone else. I guess I feel inadequate sometimes. Maybe I should go for Art Conservation. If that means getting a Masters then I'll just get a Masters. But Arts and Entertainment Management is an option too. Then how do you choose?

Candy, I've always been rather introverted as well, but I've slowly become more extroverted. I'm not entirely sure how this transition came about, maybe it's because of college and new friends. Could you try little volunteer opportunities that would help push you in that direction? If you're getting a degree in psychology and you want to help others, it seems like it might be worth the effort--I know how hard it is!--to push yourself a bit in that department!

Hi, thanks for your reply. My problem is, I don't want to do graduate school in psychology. And with just a BA in psychology, psychology-related career opportunities are very limited. Most counselling positions require at least a Masters. I am not sure that counselling is entirely for me, anyway.

I've thought about it a lot. As of now I am considering graduate school in Art Conservation, or a program in Arts and Entertainment Management.

Yes, volunteering experience will come in handy, even just for application to graduate school!

I am going to volunteer at a few relevant places this summer to get reference letters.

Hey! I have been considering the arts and entertainment industry. In fact I found an Arts and Entertainment Management post-BA program that I'm really interested in..I am seriously considering going for that.

As for the adult industry...yes, I was actually serious about it at one point. Yes I knew that there are risks involved. Can't say I'm still considering it now, but at one point when I was desperate enough for ways to make money, I have considered it.

What you are saying is true.. I guess I just needed to hear it from someone else. I guess I feel inadequate sometimes. Maybe I should go for Art Conservation. If that means getting a Masters then I'll just get a Masters. But Arts and Entertainment Management is an option too. Then how do you choose?

I'm glad you are considering a career in arts/entertainment. The choice is yours, think about what you are passionate about. As for feeling inadequate sometimes, it happens to the best of us, even presidents feel that way sometimes and put up a brave face in public.

Do a self analysis and identify what it is that make you feel inadequate. Then look at your best traits and celebrate them.

All the best!

Archived