New relationship and I just can't enjoy it...I need advice on how to just relax...

aleahbug

Hello...I have been dating this really good guy for 2 months now. We are in a committed relationship and I can honestly say I have never felt like this before. We said we loved each other about 2 weeks ago and when we are together we totally gush about how we feel like we will be together and want each other in one another's life for a long time...so what's the problem then right?! Well this last weekend I was in a pretty pissy mood and was in all honesty pretty rude to him while he was over here. I was obviously pushing him away...and was basically mad because he didn't come over when I thought he was going to and was butt hurt so I guess I took it out on him. I totally apologized and he accepted and left on good terms, you know, said I love you and everything, but the next day was kind of stupid too...i guess it was kind of pay back because he was an * * * * * * * to me, talked to me kinda rude in front of his brother and I totally called him on it and he felt super bad and apologized and I accepted, and the next morning i asked if we were cool and he said of course. I guess I am just really nervous that he doesn't feel the same way about me because it doesn't feel all like lovey lovey like it has been. Like he still says he loves me but I guess the excitment might be gone or something...i don't know. I am starting to analyze a lot and I don't want to do that because he has honestly not given me any reason to think he doesn't want to be with me. he told me just yesterday i am the best girlfriend he's ever had and I believe it but yet i didn't really hear from him today...i feel so dumb analyzing so much because I don't know how to just relax and I am afraid if I dont just chill I will bug him to the point where he will rethink being with me. Can someone help me out and let me know if this is normal?

It's clear you really like the guy and it sounds like you two are off to a great start. Everyday isn't going to perfect, take a deep breath and take each day as it comes. If you start to get a little paranoid ask yourself honestly if it's going to be worth it. Enjoy the ride girl.

Thankyou for your advice...i'm definitly going to try and relax and remember that it's not always goign to be gum drops and rainbows and that relationships normal out, just gotta remind myself not to think so much! thanks again. : )

Archived