I'm feeling extremely lonely, I think I'm getting depressed.

JoeCool

I'm really tired of feeling alone. I have friends and family but I personally feel they are not there for me. I don't have someone I personally feel I can relate to which I think is making me feel isolated and lonely. I just have friends that call me and it's always one sided. They are usually there to call me about their issues or just people I hang out with from to time. There's no real depth or connection that I really feel with any of them. I always feel like I make friends with people who I feel incompatible with. Same thing with my parents, I literally have nothing in common with them and both of them never really seem interested in my life or anything that I do.. It's almost like I'm invisible to them and I've always had to do things by myself and I'm just tired of it.

I'm single and all I seem to do is work and school which is getting very tedious and boring. I hate college and I'm not enjoying it all that well. I'm tired of doing stupid projects and assignments and I've gotten majorly lazy and I'm not doing so well in school. Haven't really been able to make that many friends in school and I have really 0 interest in getting involved in any activities as I'm already busy with work and school enough as it is.

On the other spectrum, I truly feel like something is missing out of my life. I don't know what it is that will make me happy exactly. I think I'm really tired of not finding a significant other. I've tried dating and I've never been able to meet anyone that I click with or will like me and the constant searching is making me feel very agitated and annoyed.

I feel tired a lot and the only thing I want to do when I get done with school and work is just wanting to be left alone and browse the computer. I've become very moody and snappy as a result lately.. I just don't know what to do anymore

I feel the same way, I think I'm loosing touch with the few friends I have left because the only thing we had in common was partying and now I'm focusing on finishing college and don't have the time for it. have you thought about lightening your load and are you really interested in your major. the first two years sucked ( to me anyways) because it was just the general studies but now that I'm taking classes for my degree I can get into a lot easier and my grades are much better. as for the significant other I haven't had one yet and I'm afraid of not being able to connect.

Hey mate,

I'm having a similar problem. I have friends and family, but like you I don't feel as if they are there for me. I don't really have that many friends, and those that I do have I'm not compatible with (I also find it difficult to meet new people). I have a lacking social life (rarely go out), and I've lost interest in the college course that I'm doing (never do anything worth-while or interesting). On top of that, I am also single and disappointed with not having a significant other.

Though I can't give you any advice on how to help the situation, I just wanted you to know that you're not the only one out there with the same, or similar problems to you. It'll eventually get better, I promise.

Best of luck.

Archived