What's your taste?

Just trying to throw out a thread out of curiosity to see people's age preferences and limits when it comes to dating/relationships. I'm not asking in context of sex but more of long term potential with someone. Let's try to get some responses from both men and women, I'll start:

Male, 30, youngest I'd date: 23, oldest I'd date: 34

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 22. Youngest - I'd go down to 20, but he'd have to be really mature. My experience has been that most of the younger guys I meet at this point at my life are not looking for the same thing I'm looking for, but if that weren't the case, then sure.

Oldest - probably 27/28.

Ideally - someone my age or a couple of years older.

(25, F)

Youngest might be around 23 yrs. Oldest- i'm not really sure about this one, but i'll say maybe around 30 yrs. edit: these wouldn't be strong preferences though; i guess they are subject to change depending on the person.

Female 24, youngest: 18 (depending on maturity) oldest: 27? It's hard for me to say because I've never dated anyone more than a couple of months older than me.

Ditto for me. It really depends on the persons maturity level as opposed to his or her age. The older guys that I dated were completely rude and immature. My new boyfriend is younger, but he's a sweetheart. He took me out for Valentine's Day and bought me flowers (no other guy has done that for me, ever!)

Ditto for me. It really depends on the persons maturity level as opposed to his or her age. The older guys that I dated were completely rude and immature. My new boyfriend is younger, but he's a sweetheart. He took me out for Valentine's Day and bought me flowers (no other guy has done that for me, ever!)

Psh, I bet I'm more mature and attractive than him.

Female, almost 33

youngest 30 oldest 36!

I don't believe in the saying, "Age is just a number!"

Age is so much more than a number!!

It IS much more than a number, but is also irrelevant if compatibilities are there. Agree with norsewoman.

It IS much more than a number, but is also irrelevant if compatibilities are there. Agree with norsewoman.

I will never be compatible with a 75 year old.... or a 55 year old! just like I will never date a 20 year old!

Those things (like someone being born in 1990) will not be irrelevant!

I will never be compatible with a 75 year old.... or a 55 year old! just like I will never date a 20 year old!

Well, then there is reason! LOL Some age spans are just not very likely. Not out of the question, but not very likely. lol

It's your choice, no big deal. You're not wrong, and neither am I.

Well, then there is reason! LOL Some age spans are just not very likely. Not out of the question, but not very likely. lol

exactly.... what I'm saying is that I don't have compatibilities with people who are much younger or much older than me!

Male,

Would date someone 28 to 65.

Don't laugh kids, this ain't BS.

When you hit my age, you appreciate a lot more about people.

I know a lady in her 80's I'd like to snuggle with.

Okay, 28 to 80.

I didn't read through other's responses to this thread, but my usual tendency is to date older. I'm 30, and my last relationship was with a 38 year old guy. Before that, I was involved with a 42 year old.

I could never imagine myself with a younger guy, or even someone around my own age. I prefer to date men at least 5 years my senior......

Female - 26

The youngest I've dated was probably a year or so. I usually prefer men older.

My SO is 37, and although normally this would have been a large gap for me he is actually the most compatible person I'd ever been with.

Archived