Beautifying oneself:

What do you women do to beautify yourself for yourself or for a guy:

I usually get my hair cut every 2 months

Partial highlights every 2 months.

get my brows plucked and shaped.

and that's it. I don't particularly care to get my nails done because I would be the one that ruins it right after it is done. I also don't really wear makeup.

I'm big on pampering myself, I have to say. I just like it, so I don't know if it's good or bad. But I spend time on my hair, face, skin generally etc. I have been told that I have amazingly soft, velvety skin on my body - and so I should after years of exfoliating, scrubbing, daily moisturising and all that malarkey!!

I dunno, Ren, I like doing it for me. I tend to feel better if I'm groomed and silky smooth, so I usually tend to put aside Saturday mornings to do lots of deep conditioning treatments.

From what guys have told me over the years that they like:

Sexy, touchable hair in good condition (long, short or whatever)

Good even teeth

Tight, toned body

Healthy skin (this one is key, I think, to looking good, but not an obvious one)

Dressed casually but nicely

I always wear nice perfume as well. I love it when someone hugs me hello and says 'you smell so good', especially if it's a guy I like. I tend to know which ones are the 'sexy' perfumes, and which ones are the 'work' perfumes.

I don't know, I'm not a great beauty, but I do scrub up nicely, and I can apply make-up fabulously well on *me*, which is a bit of a boost. I guess it's finding out what suits you and making the best of it.

I always think you look so pretty in your pics anyway.

Honey Pumpkin, that's great that you spend so much time and effort beautifying yourself, since it also makes one feel good too.

I forgot, I also get facials every few months and on occasions, a massage. I do wear purfume and wash and exfoliate my face daily and put on a nice SPF-15 moisturizer.

I don't do as much as I used to since I lost my job a few months back and money has been a bit tighter.

Lately, I have also been taking better care of my teeth (getting a deep cleaning, brushing more, flossing, and taking care of some teeth issues).

Mmm, what do I do:

- I moisturize at least every other day, to keep my skin soft. I moisturize my face daily, and put sunscreen on. I exfoliate on a regular basis as well, but nothing like what HP does!

- I do my hair nicely - try to wear it down as much as possible, it's about shoulder length now - and wear make-up daily

- Perfume for special occasions. I've noticed people don't like to smell me in class!

- I get my hair cut every few months, no highlights. Right now I'm trying to grow it out so I'm spacing out the cuts as much as possible.

- I get my eyebrows done.

- Hair removal in various places.

- I work out and try to eat healthily.

That's pretty much it. I get my nails done every once in a while, but not on a regular basis, although I try to keep them looking clean and healthy at the very least. I'll get a massage to treat myself, but maybe once every six months, no more. I might get my hair professionally done up once a year as a treat to myself as well.

I work out.

Use facial and body lotions to moisturize.

Tan on occasion.

Get pedicures and occasionally get my nails done.

Keep my hair longer and in nice shape.

Use good shampoo and conditioner

Wax

Meditate in a nice hot bath

Don't smoke

Drink only on occasion

All this adds up to a healthier you...

Everything I do to look and feel good I do for myself.

If I wanted to impress a guy and turn his head with my looks, I will make a conscious effort to make sure my hair is "bond girl sexy" and add a few dabs of perfume in certain places....

I suppose the only thing I do when I wanna impress a guy is add an extra half hour to my routine And yeah....wax!

This is a bit of what i do in general for myself, when i remember to lol. I tend to go through phases; sometimes i do it more often than others.

-Pluck my eyebrows (any stray hairs, but i keep my natural shape). I probably should do it right now

-I try to exfoliate my skin a few times a week with my favorite face scrub.

-I have recently started being more careful about body moisturizing; i try to do it shortly after coming out of the shower.

-Moisturize face and neck, around eye area

-Wear a bit of makeup, but barely there

-try to drink enough water + eat healthy

I guess I do what is typical-

Exfoliate everywhere in the shower.

Shave daily

Moisturize after every shower

I have a ton of hair products

I have a couple hair straighteners- 1 flat 1 curved.

Im a makeup * * * * * - anything new comes out, I gotta try it.

Just typical girlie things

I curl my eyelashes sometimes or wear makeup sometimes but not too often.

I take a nice shower.

I shave mostly depending on if I'm exposing my underarms or legs in front of him.

I wear some special perfume or love spell from Victoria's Secret.

I pick out the nicest and most presentable clothes to wear.

I do my hair.

And the last thing that I'll do is to make sure that I moisturize my face as well as my lips!

makeup before I leave the house

waxing

eyebrows plucking

hair styling (I love doing hair so I do lots of that, got a lot of hair clips and bows)

hand and toe nails (not obsessively though, once a week)

face night cream and eye cream (started last year)

exfoliate once a month

body cream mainly when I go out, not every day

I've got a lingerie obsession regardless of boyfriend or not, though I do buy more when I'm with someone.

Also my dress code is not really casual, mainly vintage retro dresses and skirts. I have one pair of trousers and no tracksuit bottoms.

I moustirize my face and body on a regular basis (nightly to every few nights).

I eat right and exercise

I exfoliate my body skin every day and my face skin once a week.

I get regular haircuts

I wear perfume based on the occasion

I wear 3-4 inch high heels just about everyday

Do my nails whenever I see fit

Pluck my eyebrows here and there

Mascara, lip conditioner, foundation

I shower every morning and blow dry my hair immediately (I have thin hair that dries fast. If I don;t do it immediately, it'll dry at weird angles)

Crack an egg on my head in the shower once a month to make my hair smooth

Exfoliate and moisterize my hands once a week

Put tanning products on my legs

Mostly a bunch of little things that don't take that much time but make a big difference when added together. However, a lot of these things I do for myself. Although I'm in a long distance relationship, I still dress to impress everyday. It makes me feel sharper, more awake, and more professional.

Never really 'prettified' myself for a guy, but i like to feel 'pretty' for me, even if I am in a group of only women, because I feel better if I think I look my best, so as such I keep my hair highlighted because I think I look better with some wisps of blonde, wear makeup that enhances my features not overwhelm it, I dress in clothes that flatter my shape that are kinda trendy but not too 'overwhelmingly loud', a tiny bit of loud is okay on some occasions since I have a flambouyant personality, and I eat well and work out.

Besides basic hygiene the only thing I do regularly is shave my underarms. Everything else is mostly just when I feel like it.

I pluck my eyebrows although sometimes I go for awhile without doing it.

I use lotion sometimes (more often now since it's winter) when my skin gets dry, although I don't really see that as beautifying myself; more like just wanting to have healthy skin.

I run my fingers through my hair after a shower, and once in awhile I'll use a comb or brush.

I exercise although I consider that more as a health thing rather than for beauty.

I shave my legs only when I'm going to be wearing a dress or getting sex

I get a brazillian wax when I'm going to be wearing a bikini or getting sex, although I'd probably do it more often if I had the money.

Besides basic hygiene the only thing I do regularly is shave my underarms. Everything else is mostly just when I feel like it.

The most classic response ever.

I bet you are a really pretty come as you are kind of girl!

Everything I do to look and feel good I do for myself.

If I wanted to impress a guy and turn his head with my looks, I will make a conscious effort to make sure my hair is "bond girl sexy" and add a few dabs of perfume in certain places....

I suppose the only thing I do when I wanna impress a guy is add an extra half hour to my routine And yeah....wax![/

LOLOL... I pay extra attention to my hair too!

Since I have a bit of a weight problem (5'6", size 16... ouch).... my hair (and my boobs) are one of the few things I have going for me.

I do as much as I can at home to cut costs: home pedicures, etc. And last week I had a disastrous botched wax job that I attempted at home. Yowwwwsa.... I think I may need to pay someone to do that professionallly next time.

But I do go to a nice beauty school in my city (Aveda Institute) to have all of my hair done now. I get highlights, lowlights and cuts for a fraction of the cost of salon prices and have been very pleased with the work they do there -- the students are close to graduation and they are supervised heavily by instructors, so it's very professional.

I also recently started having my nails done professionally. I get gel nails and have been thrilled with them as my natural nails are short and stubby....

The other thing I do is haunt the clearance racks at Macy's for clothes that hide my flaws and play up my best features.... very important when you have a less than perfect 40-something body. Not easy on a public school teacher's budget---not to mention time consuming/exhausting. I'm always looking to find something for nothing. LOL

What do you women do to beautify yourself for yourself or for a guy:

I usually get my hair cut every 2 months

Partial highlights every 2 months.

get my brows plucked and shaped.

and that's it. I don't particularly care to get my nails done because I would be the one that ruins it right after it is done. I also don't really wear makeup.

I do most of it to look good for myself and feel more confident I guess. I like looking my best whenever possible or at least somewhere where I don't feel untidy looking:

-brows plucked and shaped.

-hair in good condition and flatteringly worn. sometimes straightened. no hair coloring, etc. haircuts every 3 months.

-slight tan. will ocassionally go in the sun for that.

-make up on my skin to even out skin tone or cover blemishes, dark circles and blush or eye liner. and on nights out i add more time to the make up routine with eyeshadow, etc.

-toe nails done. i'll buff and do my fingers clear, mostly as I don't want to have to keep worrying about chipped polish.

-flattering clothing, slighly feminine. i have a tummy pooch and do my best to hide it or wear jeans that flatter, or make my butt look nice haha. sometimes wearing a push up. nice shoes, etc. keeping up with trends that suit me.

-using whitening toothpaste for a brighter smile.

-shaving legs, bikini area, underarms regularly.

-gym/keeping weight down and toning up (recently started again lol).

-ocasional body exfoliation for smooth skin and removing any unwanted body hair (e.g. on your toes).

-moisturizing face and eyes, and using sunblock.

-give myself pedicures.

As you can see I do most things on my own without spending too much.

1. I have curly hair, so to keep it looking nice and not all matted and poofy, I have to do it once every two or three days. This involves wash, condition, brush, putting all kinds of products in it, then diffusing. (takes about 45 mins-1hr)

2. Shave--everything (legs, hoo-ha, underarms) everyday. Sometimes twice a day. Stubble drives me nuts. I have this down to a science so it only takes about 3 mins.

3. I wear makeup every day. (15-20 minutes, depending on what I'm going to be doing, if it's going to be fancy night out makeup or just every day stuff).

4. I used to keep my toenails and fingernails painted all the time, but one of my toenails has a fungus underneath it and needed to "breathe" : ( Usually paint my nails myself.

5. Dressing well--I dress pretty darn well. Better to be overdressed than underdressed.

6. Moisturize occasionally. I wish I could afford a nice face moisturizer...but they're all either really oily or really expensive.

All in all, total time spent every day on "beauty" ranges from 40 minutes to 2 hrs.

Archived