Devastated.

nicknick

Todat my long-term girlfriend told me she saw no future for us.

It's come completely out of the blue for me. She told me she had felt this for a while. I am soon to be made redundant and i have IBS. She says it's nothing to do with that. The love has just gone apparently. She has two kids from her previous relationship who i treat as my own not to mention the dog.

I am gutted. I feel my life is slowly disintegrating around me.

Thanks for your support. I'm an optimistic guy. Five years seems such a long time to spend with someone and then it all turns out wrong. But i guess there are folk far worse off than me. I'll dust myself down. I've been thru break-ups in the past and i'm well experienced in how to behave in such situations. Ther was no nastiness to it, We talked and she's made her decision and i accept it (no matter how much i'm hurting at present).

Thanks guys.

I'm so sorry this has happened to you. Feel free to share anything ... the whys, your feelings, what's next for you. We'll be here to listen.

Ditto.

So sorry to hear this happened. We all know all too well how much it hurts. Please post when you need some advice, support or just need to vent.

sorry to hear it. sometimes you can give everything to the other person but its not enough for them. i was devastated last june myself. it will get better as long as you work on yourself and try to not to have contact with her. you probablt dont feel like eating and having problems sleeping at the moment but it will get better eventually. dont do anything stupid while your head is a mess, any contact at the minute may mess things up. once you feela little better think about takign care of yourself. take up some hobbies and dont sit in and fester on things. i joined the gym and now hooked on it and in tip top shape and it is good for confidence. talk things through with friends rather than talking to her. hang in there. most of us have been through the same emotions

I'm in.the same boat 5 years together she has 2 kids fell out of love with me 4 months later it is slowly improving hang in there

Thanks for your support. I'm an optimistic guy. Five years seems such a long time to spend with someone and then it all turns out wrong. But i guess there are folk far worse off than me. I'll dust myself down. I've been thru break-ups in the past and i'm well experienced in how to behave in such situations. Ther was no nastiness to it, We talked and she's made her decision and i accept it (no matter how much i'm hurting at present).

Thanks guys.

Thanks guys...your support means a lot. I'm trying to look at the positive side of things but it ain't easy. I feel so alone and empty. My stomach feels like it has been turned inside out. Didn't sleep last night. Just kept going over and over things in my head.

What did i do wrong. I honestly can say nothing. I supported her when she was having a tough time with her ex...i've supported her in soo many ways. Her kids love me and they are very upset by all of this. I feel i am losing not just her but an entire family!

I ain't gonna push the issue though. To me it is finished and it's a case of me just getting on with life and getting over whats just happened...tough at the moment though but it's early days i guess.

i think the best way to fill the emptyness and lonelyness is just to get out and be busy involving people. I've taken up golf just to fill an afternoon on a weekend with friends. during the week i go to the gym rather than sit at home and fester.

sometime You can be the best partner they will ever have but thats just not enough. Maybe they are just chasing a dream all the time for the perfect relationship. these days people arent prepared to work things out and prefer the easy option and walk away. first bit of a tough patch and they want out. lots more temptations these days. internet/mobile phones can be a distraction and make the world smaller. marriages dont seem forever anymore. my parents era marriage was for life and you had a lot less long term relationships and married younger. people want to keep their social life into their 30s which they had in their teens and 20s

Archived