"Radio Silence"

Arctic Wolf

Hi!

So, the other day I got a message from a girl along the lines of hi, how are you? . We had a short SMS-conversation, and I finished of by asking her if we should hang out sometime this week since I'm not a fan of staying in touch over the phone when we live in the same city. I never got a reply. She simply hasn't contacted me since. I find this a bit strange...

Any thoughts?

Wolf

I agree with Catdancer, avoiding a reply suggests she doesn't know what to say.

How well do you know this girl? It could be that you suggested meeting up way sooner than she was expecting and she's now processing whether she's okay with that. If this is your first sms conversation, or even the first time you've had a proper conversation with her at all, she might be thinking 'woah, slow down!'

I guess I know her averagely well (whatever THAT means)... I get the don't know how to reply, and maybe I was too quick in asking for a hang-out. It just puzzles me that someone would go from taking the initiative to backing out completely. Why else would she send me a message out of nowhere? Is this why they say women are impossible to comprehend?

Wolf

I guess I know her averagely well (whatever THAT means)... I get the don't know how to reply, and maybe I was too quick in asking for a hang-out. It just puzzles me that someone would go from taking the initiative to backing out completely. Why else would she send me a message out of nowhere? Is this why they say women are impossible to comprehend?

Wolf

Yes, we are impossible. I"ve dated women before and they drove me crazy, even though I am a woman too. lol

I think that you should send her a message and apologize for being too forward. Explain that you have a good feeling about her and you were just very excited to meet her in person. Say that if she would rather take longer to email more, that's fine and to just let you know when she's ready to hang out sometime. Keep it light, friendly and try to spin it into something funny. If you can make her laugh, you've got her! Good luck!

ha!

don't mean to steal this topic but it reminds me of a girl I know. She texts me around once a week asking to hang out with me, and i always apologize as I am too busy (school, job, varisty athlete). But I do like her quite a bit.

So here's the thing anytime I intiate a conversation with her, text msn anything, she gives me the radio silence. Girls are meanies in conclusion.

I'm not sure I want to apologize for something that suttle. Feels too much like groveling, and single people (like me) have the luxury of not having to grovel I'm pretty sure I'll just let this one go, even though she's pretty good lookin'. I just have a problem with dealing with moody/ touchy people. Hehe, I sort of envision a master-slave relationship, and regardless of what part I play in that that's not my cup of tea/ coffee/ whatever...

Wolf

Archived