Please help!!...I do not want to hurt anymore or hurt anyone else in the process.

Five months ago I broke up a one year relationship. I broke up with the girl because she was insanely needy, all she desired of me was the attention that I could give her, and in my opinion she really didn't care about me in general. She would keep me from my friends or get upset when I was spending time with them instead of her, and I realize this is normal to some degree, but not to the extent that she took it. I further realized that she did not care for me because the night of our breakup she began talking to other guys, and my very close friend who at the time was also friends with her told me that when she began talking to these new guys she really was not bothered about our breakup at all anymore. I was certain of leaving her when I actually broke up with her as I have rarely been more sure about anything, yet for months (especially immediately after the breakup) I have endured hell because she became incredibly spiteful, immature and used every tool available to hurt me, and this ranged from turning my friends against me to many other things things that I do not have room to mention. This is not to mention the horrible ordeal I put myself through regarding whether or not I had done the right thing. As I previously mentioned it has been five months since I left her and I have met someone else and I truly believe she has all the qualities needed for a successful relationship. Despite this fact I seem not to be interested in her the way I feel I should be for there is nothing about her that I feel in the least bit annoyed or repulsed about. I just really want to know if I am having trouble in my present relationship due to unresolved issues in my past relationship, or do I simply not like the present girl. If the issue is that I am still dwelling with the past relationship what should I do? Should I stay with the present girl and see if things get better for me, or end it before I hurt her.

There is nothing wrong with dating. But if you're thinking about starting a relationship with her maybe you should take it slow.

For whatever reason, you feel as though you might not be 100%. So tell her just that. That you like her but that you feel like the two of you should just date for now. If the feelings grow, then go for it. If they don't, then you're not obligated to stay and she knew your feelings and uneasiness about the relationship from the get-go and CHOSE to stay.

It's normal to feel this way. While there's nothing wrong with casually dating different women at this time, getting into a relationship will surely backfire. Your ex sounds horrible. Just ignore her and let Karma works it's magic in kicking her ass later down the line.

Archived