Signs/indications of interest...Let's Talk

Okay, I posted on this last night but deleted the thread. I have not heard from my ex since Valentine's Day. I happen to know his phone is cut off so maybe that's why. My question now is...why after 4 months does he still have pics of me up in his FB profile pic history? Why does his MySpace status still read engaged and have info about me on it? I would say bc mine is still up...but that shouldn't matter and I havent been on in almost 2 1/2 months. Why does he call me asking about my life, like he has his exact questions planned out to keep the convo going? Why did he go out of his way to let me know he remembers my birthday is coming up? I'm not complaining really, exactly...I just really want to know what everyone thinks.

I don't really believe in signs I suppose. I would only be sure of his feelings if he point blank TOLD me how he felt. At one point he did kinda tell me that he was hearing voices of regret and what if. I didn't push it, but couldn't help but get my hopes up....but he suddenly pulled back and distanced himself again...and now this on off contact initiated soley by him. Any insight?

This is/are the real general question(s): Do you guys think there are signs/indications that an ex may be thinking about coming back? Do you think it's possible for an ex to be kind enough to want to get themselves together before fully committing to a partner and possibly burdening them? While in the back of their head they secretly know that they may want to return to that person in the future? Could this account for "pinging"?

Thanks in advance!

My advice to you is to keep moving forward with the acceptance that you two have broken up. He's still asking about these things because he still cares about you, he hasn't fully let go. But always remember even tho he's staying in contact he still might suddenly get in a relationship with someone else and you might be left thinking that he played games with you and led you on.

The only true interest that a guy wants to reconcilate is, he will try and talk to you about it. Anything else just dosn't really mean anything.

F&L

Don't read too much into it. It could mean that he still cares about you, or he's just too lazy/complacent to take them down. Either way, you don't want to torture yourself with those mind games.

When my ex and I broke up, she deleted the pictures of various gifts I got her. I bought her a teddy bear about a year ago that she cherished and, at one point, set as her profile pic. I noticed that she deleted that from her album, but she wound up keeping the pics of us as a couple in the album of profile pics. I was honestly a bit perplexed, but I realized it wasn't worth mulling over.

If guessing is an indication, yes, your ex probably still cares about you and leaves them up there as a good memory. But don't automatically assume that means recon is near in the future.

Hope that helps...

Archived