Ugh- the rejection!

True-Blue

Hi all. Im new here.

I was in a short term relationship with this man Ive briefly known for years. We were both single and he asked me out. We had a wonderful time. After that, we spent alot of time together. Talking, dating, going out. We both admitted that the connection we had together was amazing. Everything was so comfortable.

We are both out of awful relationships. His ex was awful to him- hitting, kicking, punching, ect. He said he tried like hell to get her to move out and when she finally did, he was happy and relieved.

He ran into her about a week ago and she wouldnt even acknowledge him.

This past weekend we went out with a group of friends. A friend of hers was there and must have told the ex that we were there together because he got a nasty text from his ex gf (theyve been broke up for 3 months). He replied back "lets not do this".

So, the night went on and we were having a great time- holding hands, laughing, his hand on my knee, ect. Next thing, he sends me a text saying "I had to go. Please dont be mad. I have unfinished business". I didnt even know he left! The next day I heard from him again thru a text. It said "Im so confused. I still love my ex. Sorry".

I have no idea what the heck happened!! Seriously. The night was going great.. .the *poof* he's just gone???

To add: we are both in our 30's.

you were rebound girl................those relationships never work. men are creature of habits if they have invested significant emotional energy into a relationship they don't like starting a fresh, they think they do until they realise they've got to start all over again and whether what they had with their ex was good or bad, they would rather have that because they are use to it than something new and good for them...well thats what this article on the internet says about them.........he's not worth it if he can't see how amazing you are or the time he spent with you he's not worth bothering with...he can go back and start to be the punching bag again....guaranteed he'll soon find out why he left his girlfriend in the first place try to come crawling back to you....tell him to get lost.............your better of without......hope i'm not too harsh but thats is hte naked truth..

Wow! I love your honesty.

Your words are exactly what my friends have pretty much said to me.

Sad, because I know we were very compatible. We talked about VERY personal things. He was just wonderful to me. Affectionate and attentive. He took me on dates, cooked breakfast for me, cooked dinner a couple times.

My friends have said to me that I havent heard the last of him. His decision was way to spontanious and not thought out.

He has only been broken up for three months. How long had the two of you been going out? You were the rebound..he just transferred all the lovey dovey words and actions to you because he needed to feel lovey dovey with someone now that his ex wasn't around. That is what rebounders typically do....they can't be alone to deal with their feelings of remorse and rejection and pain so they simply find a replacement to transfer all those feelings. Even if he comes back to you I would give him a wide berth because he is not ready to date yet.

I know what it's like the way they are with you you think you know them and you get on so amazingly and when they do something as stupid as just walking away like he did..you sat their numb thinking have i missed something here or did i misread the signs? then you start to surse yourself thinking how could i have got it so wrong? i'm sure this is how the relationship was for both of, you start to self analyse, firstly start to blame yourself then your friends knock sense into you and you realise actually he was the ass...walked away from what could have been the best thing in his life.....girl you to good for him...get your ass out there and find someone who loves you for the amaxing person you are so when this ass comes creeping back you have even more reason in rejecting him and telling him to piss off.........

trust me my love life is in a right mess....starting the whole no contact phase all over again, lets not keep putting ourselves through the self analysis, there's absolutely nothing wrong with us we are string amazing wonderful and absolutlely lovely women our mr amzing or shall i say (mr darcy - pride and predjudice...i can't help but love him) are waiting for us just around the corners and for both of the asses who messed us around they deserve their girlfriends and the girlfriends deserve them.

Archived