I think I'm justified this time?!

princess5

Hi all. Getting on great with my bf recently thank god! He went to another state yesterday to do a training course for two days for his job. He told me he'd let me know he was okay but never did but instead he posted an update on fb saying how hungover he was from the night before!!! Do they all went out drinking last night. I never heard a thing from him all day and had to text to ask him was he okay.

Over reacting yet again or justified in feing a bit angry??

Hi all. Getting on great with my bf recently thank god! He went to another state yesterday to do a training course for two days for his job. He told me he'd let me know he was okay but never did but instead he posted an update on fb saying how hungover he was from the night before!!! Do they all went out drinking last night. I never heard a thing from him all day and had to text to ask him was he okay.

Over reacting yet again or justified in feing a bit angry??

Well, I can tell you that it's quite common in training trips (I'm a technical instructor with students who visit from all over the world) to go out drinking with fellow students or employees. So that on its own is not shocking.

The not calling you part is kind of lame. He should have.

Hex!!! Am I dreaming?? You agree with me for once?? I thought what he did sucked. Like if he had d time to go on fb, then he sure had d time to send me one little text

I'm...sort of agreeing with you. The drinking thing is understable given the situation, but yes, he should have called you. I wouldn't be out to chop his head off or anything, because it's a pretty minor infraction, but you should tell him that it bothered you.

Hex I was talking to him a while ago and his argument was that he went on fb just to see some pics I tagged from d wknd of him. And he was only online for two mins. He said after that things were crazy and he didn't get a chance and that he didn't realise he HAD to call me!!! Ah I dunno, maybe I'm coming down too hard on him again

For me, personally, it always sort of grinds my shorts when someone I'm close to avoids contacting me in favor of posting a generic message on facebook, but I really don't think this is something to be super upset about.

EXCEPT for the fact you had to contact him. Seems like he blew you off.

LoL yeah I think you are kinda over-reacting just a little bit. I havn't followed your other threads but from what I can gather, if you had problems with him before and he didn't call when he said he would - well why would you be surprized?!?!?!

She has a history of being completely paranoid for no reason, but I do think this one specific instance that she has a legitimate point. Nothing to go aggro over, but to calmly inform him that he should have contacted her.

haha, lots of conflicting opinions!! I told him I was not happy about it and he said "don't be mad at me".. "I didn't know I was supposed to call you all the time" .. which is true, but hes in a different state and I just want/need to know hes okay

haha, lots of conflicting opinions!! I told him I was not happy about it and he said "don't be mad at me".. "I didn't know I was supposed to call you all the time" .. which is true, but hes in a different state and I just want/need to know hes okay

It sounds like he might be starting to bristle at your need to control everything, P5. It's been a problem for you almost the entire time in this relationship.

well, then the lines of communication should have been ALOT more clear. By him saying "ill let you know Im ok", that leaves a huge window for him to let you know.

if you had said "let me know when you get there" and he didnt? well, then you'd have more reason to be upset.

I'd chalk it up to lack of communication

I don't mean to be Negative Nelly but honestly I think you have so much self excavating to do before you can be happy with someone. You're so afraid and paranoid and people are bound to do stupid things or hurt your feelings but you have to learn to let things go...

I don't know if you're ready to do that.

Archived