What Would You Do?

When I woke up this morning, I was very dizzy. I went to take my shower to get ready for work, and I had to hold the wall to keep my balance, and then I started feeling nauseous. I got out of the shower and asked my boyfriend if he felt okay (I thought it might be something we ate), and he said he felt fine, so I told him what was going on. By then, it felt like my head was spinning, and he told me to lie down. I did and fell asleep for about 5 hours.

My boyfriend had planned a few weeks ago to go down to his home state to look at a house and do some other stuff. His flight is scheduled to leave around 1:30, but the nature of his job means it would be extremely easy for him to change the flight. (He can fly whenever he wants, pretty much, and can easily change things with little to no notice and no cost effect on him.)

If you were my boyfriend, what would you do, given all of this information? Would you still go?

Sometimes migranes can cause exreme dizzy spells. It could a number of things. Do you have friends or family near by who could come to your help if you needed it? If I were you, I wouldn't put any pressure on the bf to stay bc of the dizzy spells. And if I were him, Id go and keep checking up on you.

Yes I would go.

I had exactly what you had, a couple months back. I had to take the day off work. My wife went about her business with our son, as usual, and I would expect nothing less. I just needed to keep sleeping - I didn't need special care from her or anyone else.

I was fine by around 11pm that night.

Thanks for the responses, everyone! He had already left for the airport before I posted this. I just wanted to get some feedback because my feelings were hurt that he didn't seem very concerned. I've never been that dizzy in my life. I didn't say anything to him about whether or not he should go though. I just thought, in his shoes, that I'd make certain my SO was okay before leaving for another state, especially when the plans are easy to change. But I'm glad I posted here and see that his behavior is normal.

A lot of this probably stems from feeling like he doesn't care about me very much lately. I was likely projecting that feeling onto this situation.

preciousgirl82, I am not nearly as dizzy anymore, just a little bit occasionally. I'm pretty weak and tired and just feel off, but I'm hoping another nap will help. I think I've just exhausted myself with graduate school (getting less than 6 hours of sleep a night most nights), work, and relationship stress. I think my body decided it was time to put me in my place and show me who's boss.

That's exactly whats wrong. It sounds like a combination between anxiety/stress and exhaustion. You have to take some time to relax. I went to the ER in my last year of undergrad with the same symptoms and the doctors told me there was nothing wrong with me except stress. Get some rest and glad to hear you're feeling a bit better!!!

As far as your bf goes. Dont get angry at him just yet. But if shows other signs of selfishness after this event, well...thats a different story!!!

Archived