Healing, but now stuck in a rut

So, my ex dumped me back in October now, she told me she was seeing someone else back in December, and I have been NC ever since. Read my previous threads for more details if you wish.

Anyway, I am feeling a lot better these days, and I dont really post here too much now, as I am just trying to get on with my life without her. There has been no contact from her either I might add.

So, this is the situation I now find myself in; I am no longer pining after her, longing for the day when she contacts me, I don't contact her, I removed her from FB, and I don't check on her page (not healthy - although she never even uses it anyway). But I have now realized, I am stuck in a major rut, quite a depressing situation.

I am a 26 year old guy with a degree, but I STILL live at home (which really must have been a HUGE turn off for my ex) I can't find a job in my area, I only work maybe 16 hours a week in a dead end job, not very exciting or stimulating. Right now I cant see a way out, I feel trapped in this situation. I know for a fact, that re-conciliation with my ex is extremely unlikely if things continue this way. Right now I have nothing to offer her or any girl, which doesn't really matter I suppose because I don't want another relationship right now.

I am lucky that I have good mates, and I go out most weekends, I even pulled a girl last Saturday (no sex or that) which gave me some confidence back, an ego boost I suppose.

I have also made plans to pack up and move to Australia for a year, with one of my mates, who's also in a bit of a rut. This is the first positive step I have taken for myself, since the break up, which is great. We plan to leave in June, which means 3 more months of being stuck in this phase. My life is so boring right now, some people are lucky enough to just immerse themselves in their work, which I cant do. The only thing I have been able to do is work on my art projects, I recently re-designed my website etc... but I have way too much free time on my hands, I just need to get more motivated.

Anyhoo, that's my ramble of the month, it always feels a bit better to write this stuff down. Time really is the best healer everyone.

Not really, there's very little out there where I stay (bloody recession), and I don't think anyone would want to hire me if I plan on leaving in June to go to OZ, I'll just have to pick up whatever little scraps I can get at my work right now.

Roll on summer

Archived