Calling all GIRLS, Need some advice!

mikeknoll888

I'll try and keep this short....So I met this girl over the weekend and took a huge liking to her. I let her know I was interested by texting her the following day and asked her to hang out that evening....standard procedure type stuff. However, we didn't get to hang out. The next day I asked her out to dinner, but she had plans with friends and invited me to join along as well if I wanted to. I went, good conversation, it went well, met her friends, had a good time, gave her a hug before I left. I texted her this afternoon that I had a great time and thanks, and that we should hang out again soon. She hasn't responded to my text, but I never really asked a question just made a statement. What do you girls think? If she didn't respond to my text, does that mean she isn't interested? Should I follow up in four five days? Am I getting bent out of shape for no reason? Thanks!

I texted her this afternoon that I had a great time and thanks, and that we should hang out again soon. She hasn't responded to my text, but I never really asked a question just made a statement. What do you girls think? Should I follow up in four five days? Is she still interested or not? Am I getting bent out of shape for no reason? Thanks!

If you wait four or five days, you will seem like the one who isn't interested. Why not call her today or tomorrow and ask her out for a date?

Hard to tell, but my first instinct would be she's not interested - I would always reply to a text from a guy I liked. That said, some girls play funny games and she did invite you out with her friends which is a plus. If you really like her give her another try. I'd call her and ask her out, if you don't get through leave a voicemail or text and ask her out (not just a "hi"). Whether you do it in 1 day or 3, the result will be the same IMO. Maybe wait 2 days... 4 days is too long.

Ammy

I totally would, I just don't know if she is interested since she hasn't responded to my last text message, which said "I had a good time, thanks, lets hang out soon." That's why I thought waiting a few days would be better, not sure though

It sounds like the consensus is to call. Just call. By the way, not everyone likes texting.

Hard to tell, but my first instinct would be she's not interested - I would always reply to a text from a guy I liked. That said, some girls play funny games and she did invite you out with her friends which is a plus. If you really like her give her another try. I'd call her and ask her out, if you don't get through leave a voicemail or text and ask her out (not just a "hi"). Whether you do it in 1 day or 3, the result will be the same IMO. Maybe wait 2 days... 4 days is too long.

Ammy

I agree. Plus you really didn't actully ask this girl out, you just text her saying " let's hang out soon", that isn't asking a girl out. What you need to do is call her and be a man and ask her " What are you doing Friday around oh lets says 6? If she says nothing then say would you like to have dinner with me and go out for a movie"? Stuff like that is asking a girl out. So goodluck.

I agree. Plus you really didn't actully ask this girl out, you just text her saying " let's hang out soon", that isn't asking a girl out. What you need to do is call her and be a man and ask her " What are you doing Friday around oh lets says 6? If she says nothing then say would you like to have dinner with me and go out for a movie"? Stuff like that is asking a girl out. So goodluck.

If you say What are dong Friday, and she says I'm busy that day, what do you say then? Do you right away say What are you doing Saturday? Or do you ask about the next weekend? You havent even gotten the date invite out yet and you're already pressing her for her schedule...

Ammy

Ammy,

Thanks for your advice, appreciate it. I decided that I will give her a call tomorrow and ask her out on a date this weekend. She still hasn't responded to my last text message that said, "Had fun, thanks, lets hang out soon." However, I forgot to mention, the very first time we texted one another she did the same thing. I texted her that "I would be out that night and that she was more than welcome to join my friends and I for a drink." I got no response to that text as well, but both texts were statements and not questions. The next day I texted her again even after the no text back and actually asked her out to dinner and thats when she responded and invited me to go out with her and her friends.....what do you think about all this? This is the reason why I think she still may be interested even after not responding to my last text. She may just be playing hard to get or playing games? Thanks!

I forgot to mention, the very first time we texted one another she did the same thing. .....what do you think about all this? This is the reason why I think she still may be interested even after not responding to my last text. She may just be playing hard to get or playing games? Thanks!

I think you are playing games. Just ask her out straight out ... no more statements.

Sounds like she is a bit flakey with the texts. That said, I have friends who don't text much cos they don't want to spend much money etc... but if it's a guy they like, they reply... Still it's early days, she may not be invested just yet. Give her a call and that will be the best indicator of her interest.

Ammy

Sounds like she is a bit flakey with the texts. That said, I have friends who don't text much cos they don't want to spend much money etc... but if it's a guy they like, they reply... Still it's early days, she may not be invested just yet. Give her a call and that will be the best indicator of her interest.

Ammy

Okay, so here is the update, I'll keep it short: I'm still confused and not sure what to think yet, maybe you can give me a little more insight though. So I called her this afternoon and left a VM knowing that she probably wasn't going to pick up. I asked her out for this Friday. Surprisingly she actually called me back, which I was totally not expecting, like 10 minutes later, not knowing that I had left a message. I told her what message I left, asking her out, she said that she has been sick all week and that she didn't know if she would be better by then but if she is she'll let me know. We then talked for a few more minutes. What do you think? Still have a chance? I think she is being honest and straightforward about being sick as well. I mean she did call me back after I got the no text back from her, would you call a guy back if you weren't interested in him? Is she playing it cool or hard to get you think? Thx!

Hard to know!! I mean she called you back, which is a good sign... She didn't outright say no, which is also a semi-good sign.. but the "I'll let you know" is annoying and a bit inconsiderate I think given that it's nearly Friday already.... A bit flakey still.

I think maybe it's best to leave it to her now. You have clearly shown interest. She knows this. If she can't make it Friday, that's fine, but she should at least suggest an alternate time!

Good luck! Sorry you're experiencing this annoying confusing situation... It always seems to happen to the nice people!

Ammy

Archived