Did he hire Private detective checking on me? Why?

cdinca

He was married but flirted with me. I was naive, stupid and confused. So I decided to confront him to clear thing out. But he rejected me in a extremely harsh way. He called the police right after our conversation.(Please notice that I have never done or said anything inappropriate). People told me it was rich people's nature to be precaution and paranoid. I was devastating and traumatized for a long time. Of course, I stay away from him as far as I could. It was over, I thought!

About 3 years ago, we accidently met in a public parking lot. He drove his car approaching me slowly. I didn't recognized him. He then opened the driver seat's window, his entire body turned toward me, his hand almost reached me. He stared at me with a sad smile. I was thrilled for a few seconds. But when I thought about the police call, my blood boiled immediately. I waked away and gave him a finger. Never look back again.

Recently, I noticed that he probably hired some private detective checking me out thoroughly. He had mentioned to our mutual friends about my recent financial difficult situation which I won't even told my own mother. Not to mention we haven't met for years other than the parking lot incident. I was his employee once, hence, he had my every details, including SSN, birthday, driver license #. I have no idea what he's up to. Since he had called the police on me and there was a record of me harassing him, I felt so powerless and vulnerable for been violated my privacy just because he's powerful and rich. What does he want from me? Was it stalking? How can I protect myself from him? Was it a man thing who like to be in control?

That’s an extremely terrible situation to be caught up in. If I were you sweetie, I would try to talk to someone immediately about this, have you considered moving? Have you talked to the police personally? I would talk to them about this and see what sort of information and advice they can drive up for you. The way you describe him pulling up in the car sounds rather stalkerish… and the fact that he hired a detective shows he obsessive… by using your “secured” information against you when you have committed no crime might actually be illegal-I would look into that personally.

Basically, my advice would be to speak with the police and see if you can get a restraining order against him. At least consider some of the options you may have about moving and going to live with family if you think he may be a threat, no one should have their privacy violated by unwanted attention (which is harassment).

Archived