teeth whitening and bleaching

According to the FDA, the term “bleaching” is permitted to be used only when the teeth can be whitened beyond their natural color. This applies strictly to products that contain bleach – typically hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide.

The term “whitening,” on the other hand, refers to restoring a tooth's surface color by removing dirt and debris. So any product that cleans (like a toothpaste) is considered a whitener. Of course, the term whitening sounds better than bleaching, so it is more frequently used – even when describing products that contain bleach.

So I would say whitening is typically safer, but only referring to a product without bleach. Bleach is what hurts your teeth if used too much. Hope this helps answer your question.

If there is a difference, I am not aware of it.

I do know that you can get that stuff on Amazon for a fraction of the cost of buying it directly from the dentist.

A month ago I paid about $75 for three tubes of whitening gel from my dentist.

Went home, went online out of curiosity,and discovered the exact same brand on Amazon: four vials for $25.

Don't make the mistake I made... next time I'm ordering it online!

im going to the dentist on the 15th of this month, and ill have some cleaning to do and then i plan on having it whitening, and she said it's pretty cheap.

i can't wait to see what will happen on that day lol, i hope it would turn out good.

it;s also my first time whitening my teeth if i do plan to do it after cleaning.

I used Crest Whitestrips Pro Effects and my teeth are amazingly white now. (I drink a lot of diet coke and tea too) Might be cheaper than going through the dentist.

some people said using the strips stuff isn't good for your teeth if you use it all the time, not sure if it's true or not. but i think it's too much trouble for me to use the strip, since im lazy lol.

I have used crest white strips as well and my teeth are very white, but they do contain bleach and can weaken teeth if your teeth are either weak to begin with or you use them to much it wouldn't be a good option. If your teeth aren't sensitive already I too would recommend white strips!

I have used crest white strips as well and my teeth are very white, but they do contain bleach and can weaken teeth if your teeth are either weak to begin with or you use them to much it wouldn't be a good option. If your teeth aren't sensitive already I too would recommend white strips!

"bleach" when i see or hear the word it scares me, since bleaches are really strong.

So, what's the safest method for teeth whitening?? I don't need my teeth to be blaring white, but I would like to whiten it up a bit without causing too much tooth damage.

use what we just mention on here, or better off, go see your doc and she/he would give you a good answer.

My teeth aren't weaker or more sensitive after using Crest White Strips. Use only one box though. The box costs like 20$. Your teeth will feel sensitive after you use it. But, once you finish using all the packets, they feel perfectly fine. If you want, you can just use some of the strips and still notice a difference in color. If you don't feel safe bleaching your teeth, then go to a dentist and they can whiten your teeth some too.

The white strips are enamel safe. I've used the regular "classic" ones and the pro effects ones. The classic ones take longer but didn't cause any tooth sensitivity. The pro effects were really quick but did make my teeth sensitive, but it went away a day after finishing the kit.

Archived