Quickly on what happened.

I dated a girl for just over 2 years when she decided that things were not going so well and said she wanted to end it. When she ended it she said she still loved me and that we should both go have fun for awhile and things will work out.

My feeling is that she was just afraid of commitment, as she is only 23 and neither of us are really interested in getting married until later 20's. However I would still love to be with her

Option 1

Anyway my plan to get her back has been going back and forth in my head. I am currently in week 4 of no contact besides a text and a quick facebook chat. (both of which she initiated) But I was thinking about contacting her at the start of next week to meet up and just see how life is going for her. Just meet for a quick coffee and not even talk about the relationship and just be upbeat and positive, like I was when we started this relationship. The hopes of this would be to make her curious and maybe want more. Then wait another week or two and contact and meet for maybe a little longer and progress from there.

Option 2

Tell her that I can see she no longer wants to be with me and wish her the best in her new job and life. Tell her how lucky the next guy will be to have someone like her (that is if she dates someone else). Say I wish things had ended differently and that I had a second chance, but I probably don't deserve a second chance. Also, end our friendship on facebook as I feel it will help me to not think about her as much and see pictures of her out with other people and looking beautiful.

Now I only consider option 2 for getting her back becuase I think this may make her feel bad and realize how good things were for the most part.

Anyway any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. This website has helped me alot so far!

No go on option 2. Don't say anything to her that isn't really true.

I would still let her contact you for the time being. Just don't make yourself really available to her (except in your head and heart). It sounds like you are handling this very well so far, keep it up.

The only thing I really do want to contact her about is just not being friends on facebook anymore becuase I find my self looking at her profile to much and then make my mind race about stuff which may not even be true. How do I end the facebook friendship without looking weak?

and even if you use it for something else you could just press hide on her next time she's on your newsfeed and that way you won't see her unless you make an effort too, it may be easier not to look if you dont see her stuff, or just be talking to people when you're on facebook, that one has been helping me

Yea I do use facebook to keep in contact with alot of people other than just her so I will try to hide her when I look at the newsfeed. Thanks for the info!

Going back to my post with the two options, does anyone feel that option 1 is a good idea or will that still come off as needy?

Archived