I'm not making this post to request dissuasion from suicide, but I would just like to make some of my opinions clear before I am gone.

I initially turned to ENA because I found it on Google probably after searching some girl-problem related topic and finding a thread with a poster whose problems related to mine. Now, it didn't even occur to me how unhealthy this website could possibly be until a couple of weeks ago.

I have noticed how many people have become addicted to this website, myself included. People establish a false sense of friendship with other users on this site. These same anonymous identities are providing advice (while usually it is the same, recycled advice) that is a lot of the time not even beneficial because it doesn't contain the substance that is needed to get a point accross to the poster.

Anyways, I am posting this goodbye in personal growth because it is where I started, and this is who I have grown to be. I started using this site about 2 years ago with major girl problems, and while I have experienced many new things I am still experiencing the same exact problems. I have done everything in my power to change things, but regardless of what I do I am still the same person who I desperately hate.

I decided that I would finally take the suicide route a little over a week ago, and while I had a later date set I do not care to leave the extra time because I have nothing else that needs to be done.

If there's one thing I have learned it is that you have to truly understand and believe in what you personally want, and this is what I want. People are conditioned to stop me, but there is no true reasoning behind it. I am done with this website, and finally life. I thank those of you who have dedicated the time to helping me and others, but I unfortunately did not benefit.

Sorry for the dramatic post, if I fail maybe I'll end up back on here... I really hope I don't considering if I do live through what I'm going to do I don't think I'll ever be able to use a computer again.

Good luck ENA, may the future of the internet continue to suffocate the intelligence and happiness of our children.

Well, advice is what you make of it. The reason that users here have to recycle advice is because similar questions are posted again and again, by different users. Sometimes it's good to sugar-coat advice because a lot of users are having a hard time and a harsh wake-up-call is not always the best way. But I've seen many instances where people post advice that is both soothing as well as blunt with a good dose a reality. I agree this forum is addictive, because we've all gone through problems posted here and want to know that we aren't alone.

Hm, false friendships? It is possible to make strong connections over the internet, but you should take the personalities here with a grain of salt. If people didn't care, they wouldn't take the time out to give their input, right?

I hope you do reconsider suicide, as even if you choose not to use the internet again, there are people out there off the computer that I'm sure you'd be able to connect with, if this forum isn't your thing.

IRM, I read some of your past posts, you've done so much for yourself that most people in their life time would never consider. Don't let that go to waste. You sound like a brilliant and caring individual. Reality can be changed, if one thing doesn't work, you try another and keep trying until it works.

Every post many not be what you're looking for but the community exists to help each other out including yourself.

I've been on this forum during the 2 relationships I've been in. And I too, ruin everything that matters most to me. I'm an idiot, and I'm sure if I actually took the advice on here id be a happier person. We are just stuck on our own will. Which brings me pain.

I can't believe I'm back here. I honestly can't believe how much of a wimp I am. I couldn't bring myself to do it because I was too afraid to jam a knife into my jugular.

I had everything ready, and I couldn't do it. No excuses, I am a huge * * * * * . Hopefully next time I'll skip the contemplating part and just do it.

But I am done with this site, I am just posting so everybody can look at this post and say "I told you so." So relish in keeping pathetic souls like me alive.

People like me seriously don't deserve to exist. I am just pollution in your society.

Archived