Open Club  ·  24 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

I want to go to Mexico one day ...need advice

xShannyx

If I ever get a job I want to save up enough money for a trip to Mexico during the winter break maybe for a month. Guadalajara and Mexico City are the cities I want to visit but mostly Guadalajara since a close friend of mines lives there. I plan on staying in a hotel(a decent one, nothing too fancy and nothing too plain either) and I'll just be there to to fulfil my love of traveling and work on my spanish at the same time. So I'm curious about the amount of money that I would need. Any sort of travel packages I could look at? Helpful websites? Anybody else done this before? All help is apperciated =) I'm clueless about traveling..oh and I'm a bit worried about the crime there..would it be safe for me to go by myself or do I need to drag someone with me?

ps: I'm not planning to leave in a specific year so I don't mind waiting!

What are you planning to do down there? Have you considered volunteer programs? A lot of them will find housing for you (sometimes host families), and many programs also include trips to see different places.

They can be a little expensive but the costs usually cover housing, food, and the field trips.

hey i grew up in mexico, the money all depends on how much you want to spend and what are you looking forward too. i go every summer and winter for vacation. first thing you need to find out is the price for the plane and hotel, if you want a package im sure you can find something at expedia or any webpage of that sort, remember if you do go to buy your package a month before time or even more, it usually saves you money. after you have found out how much money you need for the transportation and hotel think about the money you need for your basic needs, such as food. after that you just need to think about what you are looking for when you go, i tend to spend a lot of money because i am party animal so to say, so i had to save enough money for clubs everynight and drinks.

don't be scared about the crime.mexico is just like any other place, as long as you stay away from the bad side of town and know who to keep away from then you should be fine but its always good to travel with more people for many reasons.

What are you planning to do down there? Have you considered volunteer programs? A lot of them will find housing for you (sometimes host families), and many programs also include trips to see different places.

They can be a little expensive but the costs usually cover housing, food, and the field trips.

I'm not sure..If I find a good study abroad program or volunteer or internship there i'll probably do it but for now I just want to leave the states one day.

Archived