Does it get harder after college?

adrummer

Hey everyone. I just graduated with a bachelors degree from my 4 year university. I just broke up with my ex about a month ago. I just turned 23 as well.

Now, I'm wondering if after college, finding a girlfriend gets harder? Everyone in my town that is my age is married, or engaged. Everyone looks and talks to me like I'm weird for being single. Everyone says you will find someone soon, someone perfect for you. I honestly am fine right now with being single and hate how everyone makes it out that you HAVE to be with someone.

Would I like someone now? Sure but I'm not worrying and I'm really not looking. Whenever something happens, it will happen. I see a lot of my friends that got married at 20 or 21 and had kids, and almost EVERY one of them now are divorced. I don't want to end up like that at all.

But anyway, I just wondered people's opinions on how the dating game was after graduating college and being single. Thanks!

Casual socialization is easier during the college years. Universities are such good melting pots of dating opportunities with all of the different classes, organizations, and self-exploration. But it's a time of change for most people and what you want when you come out is often different from what you wanted when you went in.

As for serious relationships and life long commitments, I think those are what become easier after college because then you usually have a better sense of yourself and your direction.

23 & they think you are crazy for being single? Really?!?! Up until I was around 26 I was having the time of my life & probably would have regretted getting married or having children any sooner.

It is easier to date or find someone during college cause there are so many girls/guys your age, but that doesn't mean its ALOT harder out of college. You can meet people anywhere...shopping, the gym, work, online, bars, bookstore etc..I actually found dating better after college.

I heard that it got harder to find people to date after college but I think it's due to the fact that you are no longer associated in a large networking pool like college. In college, you didn't really have to put forth much effort into finding someone to date because people are readily available in one place. However, once you get thrown into the real world, you really have to work hard in order for you to date someone.

^^I agree. I've found it a lot harder to date outside of school. Even grad school was a better place for me to meet guys and I was in a female dominated program haha. The majority of the dates I've gone one since I've been single (the past two years) have been blind dates set up by people I know, some online dates, and some from the gym. Unfortunately none have worked out. There's definitely less easy opportunities to meet people. You have to put in a lot more effort because you can't rely on seeing someone in class everyday.

It does, as has been stated by the previous posters. I've meet my companions through friends, work, or now on-line dating because you just don't run into the multitudes of people. But there are ways to meet people so don't feel like you have marry your college sweetheart just because you might have a tougher time meeting another woman.

Yeah, it's harder, like everyone's saying.

Strangely, for me it's been a good time to find out what I do and don't like, now that I'm not inundated with potentially datable women. That's what I've found at least:

I'm more picky

It definitely got harder for me. I used to have a new guy on the line every week and now...well...let's say my phone's been silent for the better part of a year.

I'm in one of those towns where everyone's married or in a LTR. I've gotten accused of being a lesbian simply because I'm 27 and single. It's stressful. I'm attracted to people here, but they're all taken and I don't cotton to getting with the married dudes.

I meet some online, but I still find that dating method awkward, and have found that more often than not, it leads to going out with guys who have no courage, or who don't believe in doing anything for anyone else.

So yeah, I'm in your boat. Not offering advice, just sympathy.

Archived