Confused

Violet05

If you need more details to help me out just let me know.But, to make a long story short. I've been hanging out with this guy for almost two months now. We go to dinner,meet up for drinks. He pays for everything and we only kiss.even though there is an intense attraction on both sides. He mainly communicate through text messaging. I'll admit we both have been playing games with each other to a certain excent. But more on his side and I have mainly been the initiator with contact,et. I eased off a bit this week and he seems to have worked because now he's contacting me more. Well finally I just go tired of this touch and go,hot and cold thing. So I confronted him about it saturday night when he called. I basically said... Look you know I like you and I'd like to know how interested you are...I'm not rushing things but I'd like to know more where you stand on things. He reacted like I was wanting to turn it into a relationship thing. And I again said no,that's not what I'm saying. I just would like you to be honest and upfront. He made some excuse that he was going into a store and to call him back in a lil while if i wanted. I called about an hour later. He said he was on the other line and would call me back. He never did that night but last night he texted me. " A New week;fresh start" ....I never texted him back because I seriously didnt know how to respond. I finally texted him back today. telling him Hi, I got your text...not really sure what you meant by that would you care to elaborate"...of course he hasnt text me back...Any ideas on what he means??? Was he apologizing in his own way and trying to make things anew. Or was that his way of saying see you later? I'M VERY CONFUSED and worried I won't hear from him again. Too many games I know.

Sounds to me that he doesnt want to rush into a relationship and wants to just see how things go. I would take it day by day and let things evolve into a relationship when the time is right. Enjoy it and don't stess over it. Notice his actions. Actions speak louder then words.

Sounds to me that he doesnt want to rush into a relationship and wants to just see how things go. I would take it day by day and let things evolve into a relationship when the time is right. Enjoy it and don't stess over it. Notice his actions. Actions speak louder then words.

Yeah your right and I can sense that. I don't want to rush either. I just don't know what that text he sent meant? And he's not contacting me back. He may be upset that I didnt respond until today?

I'll admit we both have been playing games with each other to a certain excent. But more on his side and I have mainly been the initiator with contact.

This right here is the problem. He is semi-interested, but not that interested. As for the confrontational conversation you had with him, and he ignoring your text and you in turn ignoring his text goes right back to the game playing.

I'd start again - with someone else.

So I confronted him about it saturday night when he called. I basically said... Look you know I like you and I'd like to know how interested you are...I'm not rushing things but I'd like to know more where you stand on things. He reacted like I was wanting to turn it into a relationship thing.

You had The Talk. Men hate The Talk. What he meant by 'fresh start' was he doesn't want to discuss it again. It made him uncomfortable which is why he "had to go to the store" all of a sudden. He is still interested, but like Dylan said, not THAT interested. It's been 2 months. If you are looking for something serious, it's not going to happen with this guy.

If you are looking for something serious, it's not going to happen with this guy.

Hmmm I've been really thinking about it (what I really want) and of course I do want something serious but not in this exact time in my life. I do like him and enjoy his company, I think I just had one of those moments where I was like where is this going instead of enjoying what it was. NOW I'm concerned I scared him off and I won't hear from him again. How should I smooth things over and let him know I'm honestly cool with how things are. Should I wait a little longer to hear from him (and if so how long) Or should I call him or send him some kind of brief text. I think I already did mention that I did get back to texting him yesterday asking what he meant by his statement and asked if he was having a good day...he never responded. It usually takes him a long time to text back but not this long; So that's why I'm a bit concerned on what to do. I feel like its a delicate situation at this point.

So, he has not texted you back at all?

The way you respond to him sounds harsh. It might be your personality, but "care to elaborate?" sounds mean. I don't know if you mean it to be sassy or sarcastic, but it comes off that way. Especially through a text. If you are a cute, pretty girl and you sweetly said "care to elaborate?" in your own nice tone, that is different. But texts have no tone --- and sometimes sound much more sarcastic than maybe you mean.

If a guy sent me a text that said "care to elaborate?" I would probably wait to or not text back too. It is hard to " e l a b o r a t e " through a text anyway.

If you wish, yes, call him when you know he is probably fairly free and explain yourself. If you really are OK with where things are and how things are going, tell him that. Maybe he will come back around. But, it sounds like he felt attacked a bit. 2 months is a short period of time and it takes time to get to know someone, really know them, to say that you want to 100% be together. But, on the other hand, you usually Just Know and want to go with it after 2 months, if it feels Right.

Like eveyone said, it sounds like he likes you, but just not that much. And your desire to have some questions answered sounds like he isn't communicating nice feelings for you anyway....is he? It sounds like he is blowing you off right now.

You should probably pick up your eggs and put them in another basket.

I'm sorry.

I would stop wasting time on this guy. You deserve someone who can at least have a real conversation with you about both of your feelings, EVEN if those feelings are not the same on both sides. Why are you accepting any less? Move on.

I would stop wasting time on this guy. You deserve someone who can at least have a real conversation with you about both of your feelings, EVEN if those feelings are not the same on both sides. Why are you accepting any less? Move on.

Yes your all most probably right!...He finally text me last night. General chit chat. But here's the thing. He definantly knows that I like him obviously. I basically asked him to be upfront and he agreed but then put off the conversation. If he knows I'm interested like that and he's not or partially just tell me. I'M FINE WITH THAT! I've said that to guys I was interested in or not attracted too. I rather know!I don't why he's continuing to string things along especially when I asked him straight up. It's just weird and I'm getting tired of it. I rather him just leave me alone for a little while and I'll call him when I'm ready to be just friends. Than keep contacting me and not tell me what's up. I'm going to tell him that the next time he contacts me. It's weird...he's weird.

Archived