We both knew what this was, but why aren't I sure?

atunease

Around the Holidays, a friend of mine set me up with a friend of hers (a mutual friend set us up ). I always kinda thought things like that never really worked out but so far it seems like it has. Things have kinda moved along a little slow, which all things considered is not a bad thing, we've talked pretty much every day since we met, have gone out a number of times, I've met some of her friends & shes met some of mine, we've kissed, held hands, all that kind of stuff. It was obvious from the very start that the whole reason we were being introduced was see if there is any type of connection there and, so far, there has been. However, there are some things that throw me off a bit as far as knowing what she wants out of what ever type of relationship we have. Perhaps I'm just over-analyzing as a way to "protect" myself, as plenty of times I've has my hopes up about this type of thing, only to be let down, but I am having a hard time gauging whether she would like things to stay where they are, or move to the next level, which would be an exclusive bf/gf relationship (which ultimately is what I would like). I mean, we both knew what this was going into it and we continue to talk and go out and all that stuff so should I just take this as a "chances are she would like more?" I'm just not sure because there are some things that make me think otherwise.

edit: Well, I guess now that I wrote it out, it seems like a stupid question. I'll just have to talk to her and find out what she wants I guess.

Perhaps I'm just over-analyzing as a way to "protect" myself, as plenty of times I've has my hopes up about this type of thing, only to be let down, but I am having a hard time gauging whether she would like things to stay where they are, or move to the next level, which would be an exclusive bf/gf relationship (which ultimately is what I would like).

You answered your own question. Not gauging her actions or intentions right and you protecting yourself from hurt.

Archived