I have a 6th sense that is telling me that she is going to come back soon...

So your probably rolling your eyes.. but for anyone who got back with their ex, did you have a feeling like they were gonna come back?

I have been in NC for 3 weeks and I feel great. I still love her but noticed that I am ok with who I am again. Success I guess. The last few days... I have had this sense that she is thinking about me more or something. We broke up in January/Decemeber... but started NC 3 weeks ago. Something feels different and I'm not sure but I feel like she is missing me... even though I haven't heard from her... I just see her on facebook a lot now and it seems like her whole party/have fun/meet new people stage has worn off. I noticed she added a good friend of mine to her friends too... but I just feel like she is starting to itch... and maybe wanting to see how things are with me... but then again... IDK

Heh. One time I had a feeling an ex was coming back a couple years after he dumped me. Turns out the new girl they hired where I worked was married to him. (They met a couple months after he dumped me.)

She'd been working there about 2 years and one day she comes to work lookin' like hell. She'd caught him cheating and ended up divorcing him. In the space of 30 seconds the "one who got away" became, "woo! dodged a bullet on that one."

I don't doubt that I'm lucky since that....and I also quickly dismiss any random thoughts about exes. If they're not in my life, I fully accept that there's a darn good reason for that.

Rule ONE: Unfriend exes on facebook. If they are friends of friends and that is why you can "see" them - BLOCK them. Or if you can't, block the url so you can't look.

Rule TWO: No contact is for the benefit of personal healing. You are not healed if you are hoping for an outcome.

Rule THREE: You are not following no contact if you are checking up on your ex constantly, whether on the internet or in personal life. Refer to rule one

Rule FOUR: it is not a "6th sense" or psychic powers when you determine your ex's state of mind by how they post on facebook. You are looking at their pictures and jumping to conclusions/reading into things. Maybe they got sick of posting on FB. REFER TO RULE ONE

I'll post a bit of a response that counters those in this thread.

Listen to me, there's no doubt that your ex is missing you a bit more. That's just natural (though, I don't know how long you dated). If she isn't missing you right now, then either you're relationship was extremely painful for her, or she's just a cruel human being.

I can't quantify how much your ex is missing you, but she misses you more than she did 2,3 weeks ago. Don't assume that she's going to contact you, though. That's just setting yourself up for a major disappointment. Just stick with your plan (your confidence bodes well for you, just don't abuse it) and keep working on yourself. If she contacts you, great! If not, don't set yourself up for failure.

we all know what assuming does.

makes and ass out of you and me.. (my mom always told me that)

I am not being mean, I am totally sincere when I say this.

Quit looking at her FB page, everyone has given you some really fabulous advice, keep with your NC, work on yourself and you will find your soulmate when you least expect it.

Rule ONE: Unfriend exes on facebook. If they are friends of friends and that is why you can "see" them - BLOCK them. Or if you can't, block the url so you can't look.

Another option I think is hiding them so they don't come on your newsfeed, it takes self control not to click their name that way though, and well my ex liked my status today so then again idk

It's easy to assume, and you are. But don't feel bad because we all do it, especially when we really want something to be true.

I have removed and blocked my ex on facebook and I feel a world better. It doesn't help seeing that stuff because when it's something bad it hurts like nothing else, and when there's room for interpretation we take every opportunity to assume.

Know you are a good person and deserve good things. Don't compromise who you are for someone who treats you like a doormat, because you lose in the end. Easier said than done, believe me I know, but it's true. Think positive, work on yourself and good things will happen.

Another option I think is hiding them so they don't come on your newsfeed, it takes self control not to click their name that way though, and well my ex liked my status today so then again idk

Well...unfriending is better because when you are just hiding them from your newsfeed - they can see everything about you, too. To me healing is more successful when neither has access to the other.

Well...unfriending is better because when you are just hiding them from your newsfeed - they can see everything about you, too. To me healing is more successful when neither has access to the other.

yeah and you're probably right, but in my case i didn't do that right away and I think unfriending might lead to an awkward conversation of her asking me why because in my case I have 3 classes with her so I see her almost daily during the week

Archived