Too Soon To Start Dating Again?

I was with my ex for 7 months, it was the type of relationship where we were attached at the hip, never went to bed without each other, it was a bit obsessive I suppose...

anyways its been 2 months and Ive been trying to see new people. The problem is, is that it just feels like these people are filling in for my ex.

no matter that we are doing, cooking dinner, grocery shopping, movies ... it just makes me think of my ex and how we used to do these things together and how great it was.

no one can really live up. Now that Im single again Ive got all these new options , but all these people are just... not my ex ... maybe I just answered my own question....

](*,)

sounds like you are still in love...any chance on a reconciliation???

no chance. im like 90% sure. hes over it, i dont know how ppl move on so easily. one minute they are talking about moving in, the next they are walking out.

Guys are less than a dime a dozen, kiddo. Go out and find yourself again. Have some fun and enjoy yourself.

yah i try to tell myself that but this is the first time I think ive ever been this heartbroken so its hard to believe

yah i try to tell myself that but this is the first time I think ive ever been this heartbroken so its hard to believe

I don't doubt that. But that's why rejoining the human race helps. If all that you're doing is sitting around missing him, pining for him, waiting for him to somehow come back to you and confess how huge a mistake he made, you're going to be miserable for a very, very long time.

He isn't coming back. He made his choice. I know it hurts, but he's not wrong for what he did. He was doing something for himself that made him happier.

It wasn't right for him, so it can't be right for you. There's a great guy(s) out there who wants to learn all about you, and hold your hand at the movies, and throw snowballs at you on the way home.

You just have to be out there and ready for him.

I don't doubt that. But that's why rejoining the human race helps. If all that you're doing is sitting around missing him, pining for him, waiting for him to somehow come back to you and confess how huge a mistake he made, you're going to be miserable for a very, very long time.

He isn't coming back. He made his choice. I know it hurts, but he's not wrong for what he did. He was doing something for himself that made him happier.

It wasn't right for him, so it can't be right for you. There's a great guy(s) out there who wants to learn all about you, and hold your hand at the movies, and throw snowballs at you on the way home.

You just have to be out there and ready for him.

haha thank that made me actually laugh out loud, i love a good romantic snowball fight after the bar. its just the bad dates and lonley nights in bed not being able to sleep that get to me, to be fair though, i only got about 2 or 3 hours of sleep last nite thanks to my thoughts. so im a bit emotional today.](*,)

haha thank that made me actually laugh out loud, i love a good romantic snowball fight after the bar. its just the bad dates and lonley nights in bed not being able to sleep that get to me, to be fair though, i only got about 2 or 3 hours of sleep last nite thanks to my thoughts. so im a bit emotional today.](*,)

Again, totally understandable. This is a time where you should really be focusing on yourself. Take a cooking class, or spinning at the gym. Do things to invest in yourself and your long-term happiness. Being able to be happy and single means you'll be even that much more equipped to be coupled and happy.

Again, totally understandable. This is a time where you should really be focusing on yourself. Take a cooking class, or spinning at the gym. Do things to invest in yourself and your long-term happiness. Being able to be happy and single means you'll be even that much more equipped to be coupled and happy.

you are right...one day at a time... i have been at the gym everyday, work is going well and Im in the process of applying to college for the fall, im getting things back in order and will start therapy again soon when i can afford it, i do want to be in the right mindspace for a stable relationship with a nice guy soon.

you are right...one day at a time... i have been at the gym everyday, work is going well and Im in the process of applying to college for the fall, im getting things back in order and will start therapy again soon when i can afford it, i do want to be in the right mindspace for a stable relationship with a nice guy soon.

Sounds like you're on the right track, youngling. You should be proud of yourself for doing the right things. That's difficult in the best of times. Remember that pride. You'll need it out in the world.

Archived