I love you?

Bubbles_159

Well, I have a more general question here: How long did you date your partner before saying that you love eachother?

I'm asking because I've been in a relationship with a guy for almost 8 months now and neither of us have said we love eachother, i know, or at least I'm sure I feel I love him, but I think the longer we go, and he doesn't express any such emotion, I begin to worry that perhaps he's just not that into me.

it was about 9 months for me and my bf. I had never said i love you to anyone before, so that was holding me back. For him, i think it just takes him longer - he had been stung in the past i think and hadn't said it to any girl in over 7 years even tho he dated. I did start to wonder tho, when it should be said by. I'd say if you haven't heard anything like that from him in a few months tell him you love him.

I was drunk and told my girlfriend i loved her the day after our first date. Weirdly enough, she seemed to think that you're meant to tell someone you love them as soon as you're going out so...

2 years together now, so weird culture clashes can sometimes result in success!

We said it to each other at about 2 months. If I was an outsider looking in I would have said "Too Soon!" but for us, it was the right time. Still together 2 years later so I don't regret it at all.

8 months seems on the longer side, but in my opinion is still within the "normal range".

Plus, there are some people who express their love in actions not words. Many guys, I find, tend to do this. They say "I love you" every time they get you an oil change (when they know you need one and you forgot), every time they come up behind you and give you a hug for no reason, every time they pay for dinner on a special night out. Some guys just express it through actions and it never occurs to them that it's necessary to say the actual words.

I think that, after 8 months, you can be assured that he is into you. He may just be the type of guy that doesn't verbally express emotions.

I said it a week before we hit the one year mark. And he expressed that he was worried about saying at the right time too. And afterwards in the weeks after it brought forth a lot of open conversations - its like a safe was unlocked and its wonderful. We were both hurt before and at the same time weren't too experienced with having a ton of relationships before. But it doesn't matter. I don't think there is a "timeline."

My girlfriend of 6 months and I haven't said it yet. I know I love my girlfriend, but I don't know when or how to say it! Lots of times it just hasn't felt like the time to do something so special but by now it just feels like something I have to get off my chest. I'll just say it when it feels right I suppose. I'm more of a romantic type than she is anyway.

I think it was about... 4 months with my boyfriend. I'd been to meet his parents for the first time, he'd had a few drinks so I drove him home then we were drawing pictures for something (can't even remember what now) and he wrote it on a piece of paper. He was quite drunk so didn't think he'd remember in the morning but when I spoke to him the next day when he was sober he said it again.

I think you'll just know when the time's right to say it. How about saying it to him first (of course, only if you truly mean it though) see what his reaction is.

Archived