ugh when will he call?

strawberry

Ok guys this is your classic when will he call question but I need to ask bc Im freaking out.

So there is this guy that I have honestly flirted with for the past 2 years (yet we're basically strangers). I see him at this book store he works at and this cafe regularly. We have introduced ourselves to each other in the past and whenever he sees me he asks how I am etc. Its always sweet and polite but I always catch him staring at me when Im around...I feel like there is something more there.

Well in the past I have seen him when I was with my ex and ever since I have been back in town I have seen him a few times and he still remembers me and again, stares at me. So finally I got the balls the other day to give him my number. I wrote (on the napkin) that it was always nice seeing him and that he should call me sometime. When I gave it to him he did this weird giggle and said thanks but didnt read it at the time.

So if I did this friday night around midnight and its now sunday night, when do I give up and assume hes not interested?

eeeeeeek.

Is this guy quite shy? Do you have his number?

I think you should wait a few more days and if you get nothing I'm sure you'll see him out again and maybe you could bring it up...

With me, I don't play games and wait a certain amount of time before I call or text. If I like the person I'll call the same or next day. Although a girl coming up to ME and giving me her number has never happened so....

first of all, congrats that you actually approached the guy. Not many girls do that, and it must take a lot of balls to do it. it's hard enough for guys, must be even harder when it isn't considered the social norm. So good on you.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

This is difficult, but when "pursuing" another is to become unattached to the outcome. Don't worry about it. Your mind always goes to the worst possible situation.

What I find that is that when we have special feelings for someone, everything they do we blow it out of proportion and immediately assume it's 100% because of us.

It was the weekend. Weekends are busy. Maybe he went to see family and didn't get a chance yet? There's so many things.

Wait till you see him again, which you will. The best advice I can tell you is to stop being emotional about it and just hang tight.

Right now you seem to have a hunter personality. You found this one guy, and are now attacking him. Be a fisher instead. Have good bait (make yourself awesome), put yourself out there (which you did by giving the number) and just wait till a fish nibbles on you. Then you can hook and reel him in.

Thanks guys. It just freaked me out bc I talked to my brother and he said, if he doesnt call by Monday hes not interested. Yet, we hardly know each other and the note did say "call sometime" I wonder if I can extend it a little for hopes sake

Did he know about the number? You said he didn't look at it but just giggled. Is there a chance he just threw it away accidentally?

If you want a hard and fast answer. I would say Tuesday midnight would indicate he may not be interested. 72+ hours is pushing it for not calling a girl you're interested in, in my opinion. If he calls after that then bonus. If you see him around after that (if he doesn't call) then act normal - if he lost the number then he will approach you. Otherwise, move on.

Thanks Momake. Part of me wondered if he thought I was handing him trash, but when he took it, he had to enter something into the computer and slid it in front of him. I think if he thought it was trash, he would have just thrown it away, no?

He could already be involved with someone else, and/or this whole time he has been just the nice guy to you - smiling, looking etc etc when you are around, because he notices that you do it to him maybe?!

Or he might just call you out of the blue when you least expect it. You just have to assume all sorts of possibilities and just let the universe take care of it!

Thanks guys. It just freaked me out bc I talked to my brother and he said, if he doesnt call by Monday hes not interested. Yet, we hardly know each other and the note did say "call sometime" I wonder if I can extend it a little for hopes sake

I'm not a guy, but I've certainly dated a lot of guys. I agree with your brother. If a man goes more than 3 nights without contact, they are either involved or not interested. This guy might even have a gf, you don't know. I'd give it through tonight.

If a girl I was into gave me her number in the fashion you did I would feel pretty cool and may even be compelled to parlay my good fortune and coolness by waiting a few days to call. If I was into the person I probably would not be able to hold out more than 3 days though. Why are you sweating it though? You put it on the table and it's out of your hands now. You did well, I say.

Archived